Lesson 14: Who Cares?

Start from the beginning

       "Shush," Ronnie interrupted. "You're sounding like a chick."

       "I know I am and that's frustrating me! Fuck, man!" Mickey swore, banging his hand against something in his room. "I just want to stop acting like this jackass and convince her to date me... Oh, god. Do you hear the words I'm saying?!"

       He did- He did hear the words that escaped his friend's lips and ran right into his ears. "You need to stop," Ronnie declared. "You need to stop seeing her, talking to her,- mainly kissing her. You gotta stop these lessons, or at least for a month or so. Don't you remember last time?"

       The silence on the other line indicated Mickey remembering "last time".

       Ronnie sighed and ran a hand over his face before he continued to kill players and his speech, "And you know that Michelle still wants O'Connors. Last thing you want to do is express your feelings and then have them stomped on when she rejects and leaves you. Now, her kissing you was probably a moment thing. You two are both physically attracted to each other, so that's why she kissed you."

       "I hate this," he heard Mickey murmured.

       He frowned. Ronnie hated whenever his friend was down about something, because that's not how Mickey usually was. Mickey wasn't the type of person to go weak for anything. Especially for girls, because it was very, very rare for him to like a girl in not a sexual way. "Sorry, man."

       "Whatever. Now, back to the game. Stop killing me!" Mickey barked. "I swear to God, I'm going to stick this gun so far up your- Fuck."

       "All bark and no bite," Ronnie taunted, silently relieved that the topic was changed. Last thing he wanted to think of was Mickey and his girl trouble.

Ronnie yawned and slumped into the booth, scooting all the way to the wall. His head rested against the cushiony material as his eyes closed shut.

       "What would you like for today?"

       He peeled open one eye and then the other, exposing the young waitress standing there with a pencil, notepad, and a seductive smile. But today, Ronnie wasn't in the mood for shameless flirting and sex in the back of the diner. "Just get me a BLT with extra bacon and... You know what, I'll have some tea," he stated.

       She placed the pencil eraser in between her lips, continuing with the seductive act. "What kind of tea?"

       "Camomile."

       That was when realization set into the waitress and the seductiveness completely disappeared from her face. "Yes, sir," she muttered, scribbling stuff into her notepad before walking into the back.

       "Mickey, c'mon. It's the end of lunch, meaning that we should be back at school!" exclaimed a voice belonging to a certain girl that unknowingly has Ronnie's friend wrapped around her finger.

       "Well, suck it up," Mickey snapped, pulling Michelle into a booth across the room from his. "I wasn't hungry before."

       Ronnie watched her pout in response and how Mickey slowly started to soften up. Why the hell were Mickey and Michelle here? Mickey did say that he was going to cut off the girl for a few months and from the looks of it, he just pulled her to this small diner to mainly flirt. His dark orbs widened at his next thoughts. Mickey was probably going to try to divulge his feelings to her.

       "You could've brought someone else," Michelle responded, rolling her eyes.

       Mickey bobbed his head in agreement. "I could've, but I didn't. This is your fourteenth lesson," he declared, raising a finger. "Stop caring about things. You're going to be late for class? So, what? Your friend just called you a whore. Who cares? To be bad, you gotta be casual and nonchalant."