With that said I let go. My arms fly to the sheets, balling them up in my fists. My legs twist as much as they can with him between them. Long and desperate versions of his name come pouring out of my mouth and I watch him hunch over with his own release.
He speeds up with his movements, his eyes rolling back and I see goosebumps raise up on his arms. I smirk for a second and watch him finish. He slows down and we catch our breaths before he pulls out. Both of us retrieve our clothes from the floor.

"That was fun." I say, sitting cross legged on the bed now shielded by his t shirt.

"Was it?" He laughs, asking in fake shock. "I'm glad."

He turns to the bathroom for a moment to close the door and I seize the opportunity. I lean forward and plant a five star right on the back pocket of his joggers. He doesn't even flinch, just snaps his head around.

"Why?" He says in false curiosity, trying to hold in the smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"That was payback for earlier." I shrug, and watch his expression change.

"Oh was it?" He laughs, raising an eyebrow and coming back to the bed.

"Mhm." I nod, straddling him as soon as he's sitting down.

"Rach-"

"Uh uh." I say, placing my finger over his lips to silence him and shaking my head. "That's mommy Rach to you."

The second he hears his own words thrown back at him, he extends both eyebrows and then bursts into laughter yet again. He puts his hands behind his and and lays back down to the mattress. I study him. The scar on his chest, the smaller one on his abdomen, his tattoos, his wrapped hands, his eyes, his everything. I feel myself start to get sad. How the hell is he going to fight with his hands like that?

"Will you be careful tonight?" I ask him, and he tilts his head to the side.

"Careful won't win." He answers, obviously he had forgotten he has a fight tonight.

"I know but," I start, not really knowing what I was going to say.

"What baby?" He asks me, sitting up again.

"I don't know." I shake my head. "I don't want you to get hurt."

"I can't promise that." He says, letting his fingertips trail down the side of my face.

"I know." I nod, unintentionally rubbing my stomach.

He notices and closes his eyes for a couple seconds.

"Are you talking to him tonight?" He asks, trying hard to keep the hostility out of his voice.

I nod again, this time like I've done something wrong.

"Are you gonna tell him?" He asks hesitantly.

I internally roll my eyes. He's been so stubborn about this lately. I take in a deep breath and exhale it slowly. He's waiting for my answer, and my hesitation to give it does not go unnoticed.

"Rachel." He prompts, trying to connect our gazes.

"Why don't we just go and find out right now?" I blurt, and he widens his eyes. "A non invasive blood test, we'd get the results back tomorrow and then we'd know for sure. I don't want to do this anymore."

"You mean like right now?" He asks, glancing at our lack of clothing and contemplating the whole thing.

"Yes." I say. "Right now."

I get off of him and grab my jeans off the floor, pulling them on. He sits there for a minute and then follows my lead, gathering his own clothes. Once were dressed he grabs his keys off my dresser and I walk out of my bedroom. He stops me at the top of the stairs.

"You're sure you want to do this today?" He asks, and the look in his eye tells me that he's the one who needs to be asked that question.

"Yes." I tell him.

"Okay." He takes a deep breath. "Let's go."