Chapter 26.| To Able to Bounce back

Start from the beginning

"Okay now that we made this game interesting. Let's begin."

In a game of chess it always a smart move to guard your most precious pieces in this case your queen and king in the middle while the rest of the others protect them playing defense.

"Why are you here?"

"I wanted to see you." "-actually I need to see you."

"Erina, why don't you hate me?" I set aside the claimed white chess piece.

"Listen, I could never hate you because I'll could never understand what you went through." She say in a huff. "The thing is why couldn't you tell me what was happening back then? Did our friendship mean nothing to you? That you couldn't let me share some of the burden?"

"You need to claim two more pieces, thats three questions." I say.

"Erina, I never considered you a friend, to me your family just like Isshiki is because you guys are the only ones I have left." My lips form a straight line. "I thought if I distanced myself from the two of you I would have prevented myself from hurting you guys." "This is my problem why should I bother you with it?"

"You didn't come just because you wanted to play a game of chess."

"Yes, I didn't come just for a game of chess." "I wanted to talk to because right now I don't want to be alone. I probably don't look the best right now, right?"

"Your right,by the looks of it you been crying almost 'broken hearted' and your dominant hand injured how are you going to cook?"

"The same way I always have plus it's not as bad as you think. If I don't move it more than than necessary. I'll be good as new." I say clenching and un clenching my hand.

"You ran away because of her didn't you?"

"Who told you that?" I set aside another white piece.

"I'm very informed, Kaoru."

"I wouldn't expect any less from you." I close my eyes. "You know I have this feeling,a gut wrenching one were inside my heart it feels like it's going to burst,everything from the past and present-all the emotions I have felt it seems their all piling up i-it feels like everything I have kept bottled up is going to soon spill. I don't know what to do when that happens?!"

"Is it because of that commoner chef?" She says slightly annoyed. Oh..she must be talking about Soma.

"Is it because of Yukihira?" She repeats herself.

"I- yes it's about him actually he confessed to me today and I rejected him."

"I could have returned his feeling but I choose not to because even though I fell in love with him. I think- no I know that I shouldn't be loved a monster like me, someone who destroyed people lives and cause other pain shouldn't be loved."

"That why I couldn't return his feeling. I wouldn't be able to stand it if he began to hate me."

_*

Autumn Election: Day one
Location: Hall of Heaven and Moon

'Checkmate.'