Chapter 1, The meeting.

@It was a cold day at the swamp, Shrek was still in bed wrapped up in his quilt. The scurry of swamp rats could be heard around the room, this was displeasing Shrek as he wanted to sleep.
After the scurrys died down, it was silent, the ogre rested in peace. BANG! Shrek jolted upwards in bed. "What was that?" Shrek said as he was getting out of bed. He quickly put on his clothes and headed out of the room. As he stepped into the living room, a few rats scuttled out from the kitchen. Shrek headed into to the kitchen. Clinging and clattering could be heard from within, Shrek thought to himself, 'That better not be the bear stealing mah onions again'. At the count of 3, Shrek burst into the room and quickly scanned the area. All he saw was that his fridge had been raided.

 All he saw was that his fridge had been raided

"Not again!" Yelled Shrek. " if I get my hands on that be-" A gust of wind filled the room, a crunch could be heard from the Onion room, Another one, shrek could only be filled with anger as he stormed towards the room. Shrek filled his lungs with that crispy swamp air and burst open the door, as he did so he yelled a mighty RAOOAOR!

Shrek looked inside, only to find a dark humanoid hedgehog creature curled up in the corner by a pile of half eaten onions. Shrek was at first confused at what it was, so carefully approached it. "H-hello?" Shrek spoke, with a calm almost seductive voice. Shrek reached out with his large powerful ogre hands, as he touched the animal it shuddered, "Don't ya worry wee fella, I won't eat ya" Shrek said, in yet again, a calm seductive voice. The animal uncurled itself and looked at shrek, both shrek and the hedgehog looked startle at each other, but the look in each others eyes looked like true love at first sight.

 The animal uncurled itself and looked at shrek, both shrek and the hedgehog looked startle at each other, but the look in each others eyes looked like true love at first sight

And so begins a tale between Shrek and shadow...