THE ART OF THE HEART

What is a perfect date? Is it something that falls out of the sky, or is it something that you can't describe?

It was a cold winter morning and I was busy getting ready for my first date with Marco. I was quite nervous but bursting with excitement, after 4 years of being single this will be my first date in a long time. We met in the park where I took Killer earlier that day for a walk. When I arrived at the park Marco spotted me and jogged to me with his bull terrier.

I was immediately attracted to him, his dark hair, brown eyes and his perfect skin made it difficult for me not to keep my eyes off him. His eyes were so memorising making me lose my thought just by looking at him. He was beautiful, even his breathing was beautiful. His whole life was perfect, everything was perfect.

"You know staring at someone is rude." I snapped out of my gaze and I could feel my cheeks turning a bright red making him smile.

"I am not staring, I am memorising." I answered quickly, tilted my head to the side looking at him more closely.

"Memorising what?" He's soft, perfect voice asked.

"You, what if I wake up tomorrow blind? You would be the person I remember, because you are so beautiful you make mankind jealous." I touched his cheek taking in the softness of his skin.

"Smooth talker aren't you?" I let my hand fall to my side, a devilish grin on my face. He gave me a smile, making my whole body kind of weak.

"Not smooth, more like honest. I say what I feel and I feel what I say." I replied and continued walking on the footpath which is besides the most beautiful lake in the world.

"You don't make sense, but you are cute. Can I take you out sometime again?" His perfect voice ask and took my hand. The way he smiled made my heart and knees weak.

"Sure, what about tonight?" I stopped and turn to face him.

"Eager aren't you?"

"No, it's just so that I can see you tonight and then also you won't have much time to change your mind." I winked at him.

Since it was cold outside I decided to cover up more as I didn't want to get sick. I finished up, I still had a few minutes left to kill so I decided that I had to clean up the mess that I left in my bedroom, I started packing away the clothes that were scattered on the floor.

A knock came from the door and I closed my bedroom door behind me, as I didn't need him to see some of the mess that was still left in my room. I stood at the door taking a few deep breaths and letting go of all the anxiety inside me. When I opened the door, he was smiling and it felt like all my anxiety disappeared with the warm smile he had on his face. It felt so relaxed and perfect, staring into his eyes and knowing that I was so worried about this date for nothing. Everything will go perfect with him by my side.

He gave me a kiss on my cheek, taking my hand in his, he placed a little box in my hand and whispered in my ear that I may not open it until our date was finished.

*~*~*

We arrived at an art studio where they took our names down on a piece of paper, we took our seats next to a married couple. Everyone was so friendly talking underneath each other. I looked at Marco and he leaned in closer to my ear.

"Relax, everything will be okay." He said softly, just by hearing his voice, my body immediately relaxed, letting go of all of the nerves that I have built up.

We were each handed a canvas and the lady told us to paint something that reflected our feelings for the person that sat next to us. Since I didn't know Marco so well, there were too much feelings, but in my heart, I kind of knew he was the guy that I wanted my parents to meet.

I took the paint brush and made a big heart on the canvas, I wasn't really an artist, but I had to at least try and make something. I wrote Marco's name in the middle of the heart and wrote down everything I liked about him. The list went on and on until I eventually ran out of space. He looked over at my canvas and started laughing, he kissed me on my cheek and returned to his masterpiece. I leaned over to see what he was up to, for a moment my breath was gone, he was busy making a portrait of me.

After a few more hours we were finished, his painting was better than mine, but I didn't care. The fact that he just brought me here is amazing. Our next stop was Central Park as he didn't want to finish our date just yet. We walked hand in hand down the pathway, talking and laughing about everything we could think of. I looked up at the sky when a piece of snow fell on my cheek, Marco wiped the snow off my cheek and all of a sudden there was more snow falling around us.

Marco pulled me closer to him and kissed me so softly. It felt like my body was on fire from his touch. I didn't want the kiss because usually it means our date it is about to end. I wasn't ready for it all to be over, I wanted to spend more time with him.

"I really like you, Lucy." He pulled away and looked at me. I pulled him closer, kissing him again. Savouring the moment just a little bit longer.

*~*~*

My alarm went off waking me up from my wonderful dream. Oh how I wish that dream was real, but stuff like that only happens when you are sleeping, right?

So much for my perfect dream date.

*This is just a short story, showcasing a perfect date. Hope you enjoyed it.

Stay sweet Xoxo

THE ART OF THE HEARTOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara