Chapter 2

You and your squad walked down corridor after corridor. It was hard to believe that this was the fastest way to Captain Phasma's division. You made a note to self to ask to transfer quarters.

Once you reached your destination, you saw Phasma's other troopers had also gathered there.

"FN-3371. What was your delay?" the captain asked in her robotic voice.

"Kylo Ren stopped us when we were near departure bay 379."

She tilted her head for a second. "Kylo Ren stopped you? He was supposed be on the Star Destroyer Finalizer. Perhaps he will take his command shuttle to our destination."

Your squad filed onto the ship. You along with other stormtroopers checked each other's armor plates, readied your blasters, and activated your HUD (heads-up display). The HUD informed you that you were going to a moon called Rugosa. It was a neutral area during the Clone Wars, where Jedi Master Yoda and Sith Apprentice Asajj Ventress negotiated with the Toydarians for protection and control of Toydarian territory. There was rumor that a Resistance Base was on that moon, and the First Order wasn't taking any chances.

-

He didn't know why he had let the four live. Normally, he would slaughter the stormtroopers who were in the presence of his tantrums.

What was that? Why had he felt he should spare this one insignificant stormtrooper squad of a painful death?

Was it because of their leader

Kylo had sensed her walking down the hallway, her teeming and overly nervous presence ebbing and flowing. But behind her temporary anxiety was... something else. Something he found interesting and concerning at the same time.

Kylo Ren felt drawn to FN-3371, an insignificant, unremarkable stormtrooper.

(A/N: Hope you enjoyed this short chapter! Longer chapters coming soon. Rugosa is from the first episode of Star Wars the Clone Wars, a show you should watch. In this story I will be very dogmatic to SW canon, so you might learn a few things here and there.)