Chapter: No More Heartbreaks

Start from the beginning

Kung hindi ko lang kailangan ito, matagal ko nang nilayasan tong babaeng ito.

But it had to be done. To save my ass. I NEED THIS. DESPERATELY.

"I believe you both are grown ups...so you know how to properly introduce yourselves and get acquainted." natatawa niyang sabi. "I just have to help myself with the drinks and perhaps get the both of you something to work all these awkward silence rising...mmkay?"

"Livi, I got this." And he smiled. Then I thought to myself, nalintikan na. Ang gwapo naman pala ng kumag. "So, Livi told me things about you. You are Nadine, am I right?" and extended his hand.

Bahagya pala akong nakanganga. AY TANGA!

I tried to regain composure, and smiled back. "She did?" Then I held out my hand to shake with his. "Yes, it is."

"I-I'm Jon. You are truly a beauty. Pasensiya na at tila napag-trip-an tayo ng pinsan ko." napakamot na lang siya sa ulo.

Bahagya akong natawa, "So, nagtatagalog ka pala. Nabubulol ka pa nang konti."

Napangiti siya. "Yeah. I tried my best, though."

James was bulol, too. And he was cute...real cute.

I really wanted to smack my head down for that thought.

The conversation started from awkward to casual, and then easily went smooth. I was having a good time talking random funny and silly stuffs with Jon. Nalimutan ko nang iniwan na yata kami ni Olivia.

"Asan na si Oli?" Tanong ko.

He stuck a finger at Olivia's direction. "There. I bet, may napagtrip-an na namang loko itong pinsan ko. She really is quite a girl." He paused, "Don't you think?"

I can't tell. I've known the girl for about a month or less. "Uh...yung totoo eh, Olivia and I just bumped at each other sa isang club a month ago. We were not even friends. But since siksikan na, we had to share the same accomodation sa lounge."

"She really had that habit of making friends with people like you. Seldom with others, pero yung tulad mo...yung deep, yun iyong mga klase ng kaibigan Livi wants to hang around with.

"I am not deep." A tear almost fall from my eye. "I am lost."

"What happened?" He offered a handkerchief. It would have been comforting if he did not hug me after.

I can't do this. Not with other man.

James' POV

Going out may have been a bad idea, andito rin si Nadine. And she is with Jon, ang good-to-be-true guy ng department namin.

"What the hell is that prick doing with Nadine?" Singhal ni Yuan.

Do I have to ask that, too?

"Ano'ng gusto mo, bro? Upakan na natin?" Tanong ni Marco.

I was stuck frozen. Hindi ko man lang alam ang isasagot.

But you have already given her the space.

I calmed down, "No. Let them be. Let her be. Mag-enjoy na lang tayo."

"James, do you need help?" Tanong ni Mia. Bago na naging kaibigan ni Yuan.

"No. I'm good." And kept drinking.

I was rather tipsy and felt dizzy. It felt like I needed to head home when I saw Jon hugging Nadine.

What the f**k?!

Dali-dali kong tinakbo ang direksyon nila, at kinuwelyuhan si Jon. I was too mad, I punched him. "You asshole, get away from her!"

"I was just trying to console her, James! Ano ba'ng masama doon?! And as I've heard from our classmates, ikaw yung unang bumitaw kay Nadine." Dumugo ang ibaba ng bibig niya, "Kaya wag kang umasta nang parang ikaw pa yung nasasaktan."