Preference: "what if...?"

"What if..."

Liam:
"...we never met?" he asks, running his fingers through my loose hair as we lay on the hammock outside. "Where's that question coming from?" I ask in response with an soft laugh. "I was just thinking about it. I mean, where do you think we'd be? Or who would we be with?" "Well," I begin, leaning upright ever so slightly, "I'd probably be living in a dorm still. Looking for a guy on campus or at work. Staying up at night watching One Direction perform on my laptop and wishing I could marry that hottie Liam Payne. It definitely would be a lot different. What about you?" He raises his eyebrows, thinking, and says, "I guess I'd doing what I do, just not as happy as I am... or as sad when I'm leaving you to travel. I'd probably be in a relationship with another celebrity, a fake one more than likely. Not much would change in routine I guess. I just wouldn't be very happy. Something important would always be missing." "So I make you happy?" I ask with a shy smile. "You make me happier than I ever dreamed possible," he assures, and gives me a soft kiss on the forehead.

Zayn:
"...I just quit, huh?!" he shouts across the room, "I quit my job, I quit singing, I quit the band, I just drop everything!" "Well, that'd just be downright stupid," I says monotonously, rolling my eyes. "Well, that seems to be the only way I can make you happy. Is that what you want? Do you want me to just quit because I'll do it. If it makes you happy, I'll do it in a heartbeat!" At this point, I can't tell if he's being spiteful or sincere. It was another heated argument caused by us not spending enough time together. "I don't want you to quit your work, I don't want you to quit singing, I don't want you to quit the band; the only thing I want you to quit is ditching me to hang out with your friends every time we get a chance to spend some quality time. Am I asking of too damn much?" I say steadily, but with enough anger to effectively convey the message. He huffs, "I don't always ditch you..." "You do it enough that I feel like I never get the chance to see my own boyfriend. I feel like we're not even dating anymore. We're just buddies who hang out a couple hours every so often and don't communicate otherwise." He's silent, taking in my words, then admits, "I'm wrong, ok? I'm wrong and I'm sorry. That was stupid of me, it's stupid of me to up and leave you to spend more time with people who don't mean as much to me as you do. I'll spend more time with you from now on because I want to, I really do." I smile and hug him, "That's all I ask."

Niall:
"...I wasn't famous. Would you still want me?" he asks in a low volume. "Of course I would. Why wouldn't I? You're the most incredible boy I've ever met. Whether or not your famous wouldn't change that." "Are you sure? Other girls in the past told me that. They would use me for fame and money and throw me aside. I'm sick of getting hurt," he confesses. "Niall, do you think I'm like those girls?" I ask, not accusatively. "I don't want to," he shrugs and presses his lips together, "but I didn't think most of them were either. Don't get me wrong, I like you so so much and I wouldn't believe it if someone told me, but I guess I... I don't know how to explain it..." I nod understandingly, and holding his hand, I promise him, "Niall Horan, I promise you I'm not any of those other girls. I like and only want you for you not your reputation, not your money, not your fame: only you, Niall James Horan." "I love you," he says for the first time. "I love you, too," I tell him, smiling like never before as he goes in for a kiss.

Louis:
"...I left the band. Took up this whole soccer thing, you know?" he says nonchalantly at the table, mouthful of cereal. "I don't know. I mean, it's your choice. I guess if it makes you happy, go for it." He drops his spoon in the bowl, and it hits the glass with a heavy clink. "But if I did, it'd change everything. I might let down so many fans. The band might change or even break up. What do I do, what do I do?" he says, holding his head in his hands. "I'll be honest with you, Louis. I think it'd be great if you took up soccer. You love the sport, you light up when you play, you're dedicated to the game. But I see you do the same when you're singing. If you left the band on the decision to move on to new things, the boys would do the same. Zayn might decide to leave and settle down a bit with Perrie, them being married now. One, or a couple or even the all of them, might go solo. You just don't know. No one does. It's your decision: full time soccer and no singing or leave things as they are and figure the rest out later when the time comes." He bites his lip and thinks. I get up from the table to get a drink, and hear him sigh behind me and I scavenge the fridge for milk. "I made a decision," he says. "And?" "I'm gonna leave things as they are. I love singing, and I'm already playing soccer for a team. I have the best of both worlds. Neither are conflicting. Everything's running smoothly and I want to leave it be for now."

Harry:
"...one of us weren't around?" he asks. "How so?" "Anything, I mean like one of us were in a terrible accident and took a turn for the worse. Or we broke up and never saw each other again. Anything that would separate us, what would happen then?" "This isn't something I really want to talk about, Harry..." I say morosely. "Well, (Y/N), it has to be up for discussion at some point. This is serious. We're getting married, soon, and we need to decide on things." "Decide on what, huh?!" "I don't know, everything! Some of it, at least! If we get divorced one day, who will take the kids? Will we have a prenup? If one of us dies, will the other get remarried? We have to make these decisions at some point in our lives!" he shouts, clearly worked up about this. "Harry," I say calmly, wanting to ease him, "Neither of us are dead, and I hope we won't be any time soon. I don't plan on leaving you, do you?" He shakes his head. "Good. We're not even married yet, honey. We have time to decide on those things, but that's for later, not now. Let's just spend our time thinking about guest lists and flower arrangements and maid of honor and best man, ok?" He nodded, biting down on his lip. "So, kids huh?" I ask, wanting to change the subject. "Yeah, a boy and a girl!" he says, excitedly, practically forgetting the other conversation... thank God.
sorry niall and liam's were super short plus part 4 of bad boy will be up soon