The Letter

I own nothing! J.K.Rowling owns everything!

--------------------

Hermione sat on the sofa reading her favourite book, Hogwarts: A History. She must have read it over a thousand times but each time she learnt something new. The book had a way of adding information or making information more obvious when needed. She sighed, remembering the Great Hall and the wonder she had felt when she looked at the bewitched ceiling as she was about to get sorted into her house.

She missed Harry and Ron, she hadn't seen them since she'd finished her 7th year. They had all gone back to Hogwarts to finish their education, Hermione of course had passed all of her N.E.W.Ts with flying colours and perfect grades. She and Ron had been dating throughout the year, but they decided to put their relationship on hold while Hermione went to Australia, straight from Hogwarts, to try and find her parents, and restore their memories. She hadn't come back.

Hermione had returned to England, having lived in Australia for 6 months. But she had never returned to Ron's arms, or the circle of friends she had once had. She had been unsuccessful in Australia and she hadn't been ready to face her friends or the Wizarding World, with its constant pestering of "How does it feel to be a war hero?" and "Can you tell us what you ate for breakfast?". There was only so much she could take as she spiralled into a parentless depression. She had stayed away from the Wizarding World, and decided to start over. In the beginning, it had been hard to get a job as she didn't have muggle qualifications, and had ended up as a seamstress for a local school. After another 6 months, people had realised she had a knack for designing and she decided to start a fashion design company: J.G. It was now one of the most popular boutiques and companies in the UK, doing everything from bridal wear to casual clothes. It was through her company that she became closer with her husband.

------------------------

Hermione was standing with her back to the windows, measuring tape draped over her shoulders, her mouth screwed to the side of her face. She wasn't entirely sure that the dress hung well on the model, who she had just got to twirl for her.

"No... It's too poofy around the hips. Take it off please, I need to fix this." The model went into the changing rooms to reemerge with the dress. "Thank you!" Hermione looked at her design, she had been approached and asked to do her first bridal line, this was her first attempt at that sort of dress. The main body of the dress was a sweetheart neckline strapless, made out of a creamy-white satin. It had french lace elbow-length sleeves that came together at the top of the heart, the lace material overlapping the satin until just below the bust. Small, simple gold and champaign coloured flowers were embroidered into the satin from the bottom up, becoming more and more sparse the further up they went. The dress was supposed to hug the curves of a woman, a small train gathering at the back of the dress, and a slit down from the side of one of the knees down.

She heard the door open and close in the front shop, signalling that a customer had entered. "Hello? Anybody here?" A male voice called out.

"In the back! I'll be with you in a minute!" Hermione called out. She made sure that the models had left the workshop, got out her wand and made the dress less poofy. She pocketed her wand, and walked through the door behind the till. She realised she probably should have made herself more presentable as her hair was twisted into a messy bun on the top of her head with two pencils poking out of it, but she didn't really care. "How can I help you?" She looked at the silhouette of the man leaning against the counter.

The man looked at the woman who had just emerged from the door, she looked very familiar but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. "I've come here with a business proposition. Am I right in assuming that I am talking to the owner of J.G?" Hermione nodded. "My company has been looking to... expand its investments, not just to stay... cooped up in its own little world."