Chapter 26 (last chapter)

Start from the beginning

I had messaged di earlier in the car that her brother is in action so prepare her mom for it. The servant opened the door, we both went inside, it was a big mansion. Never been to his house, I knew he was rich but this rich, I never expected. I was busy absorbing the mansion's beauty then I heard di's voice. "Manik! Finally!" She came to us and hugged her brother, he made a least interested face, actually he wanted to see his heaven, his mother. "Bahar jao dono!" We both heard on strict yet soft voice and his mother appeared with pooja's thali. As soon as I saw her, I understood why she said that. I pulled manik back with me. We stood there together, holding each other's hand - to be honest I was very nervous, tho I met his mother a lot of times, but still some strange feelings were taking birth in me. She came to us, she did what she had to, I felt like a newly wed when she was blowing blessings. She asked us to come inside, but manik held her hand asking her to stop. "I want to talk. Maa." He said and tears welled up in her eyes. "Come lets sit and talk bacha." She instructed him. We sat on the sofa's placed in the living area. No one said a word, I supposed it was because of me, "Di, this place is so beautiful. Show me na." I said and tried to get up from my place, manik held my hand and was about to say something but his mom spoke, "No beta, you don't have to feel alien, isko sambhalne wali tum ho. Tumhara yaha hona is a must." She said politely. "I know aunty but.." "No ifs and no buts." This time manik said glaring at me. "Okay." I said softly. Manik got up from his place and touched his mother's feet. "I'm sorry maa, for hurting you, for keeping you away from your son, I'm sorry for everything I did, I'm sorry for whatever I've done. I know one sorry is not enough for what I did to you. Even if I say sorry in my every breath wo bhe enough nae hoga." He said and placed his head in her lap. "Manik, what happened in the past.." "Mom, no please. Lets end it right here. No one's gonna talk about dad and what happened years back. Okay?" Manik cut his mom in between and put his point in front of her. She just smiled and kissed his hair. I felt touched and sad too that my mom is not there with me, to hug me, to kiss me. I admired the beautiful sight in front of me, tears welled up in my eyes. I wiped the tears who made their way out of my eyes and turned my face on the either side. I felt two hands cupping my face, it was manik's mother. "Nandini, to kya hua if your parents are not here but they're watching you, they love you so much, they can't see tears in her lovely daughter's eyes." She said with a smile. I smiled back at her. "Aur nandini, tum meri beti ho aj se." She said and hugged me. "Thank you so much aunty." I smiled. "Aunty nahi. Maa bolo." She said. "Okay aun.. maa." I said. "Chalo lets sleep. It's late already." His mom instructed. "Manik, tera room bilkul wese hi hai jesa tu chor ke gaya tha. You go sleep and nandini you sleep with me." She said. I knew Mr. Malhotra wanted me to sleep in his room, with him but his mom spoiled his plan. I winked at him and moved towards her room and manik went to his.

---

Me, maa and di in one room, I told her everything happened in past few years, about me and manik. How we met again, about his life and about my life. The stuff I said to him some hours back I told them everything. His mom was really happy that I did so much to bring him here but to be honest, for me only his happiness matters. We slept when it was almost morning.

---

"Nandini! Wake up! You're sleeping like a rhino on my birthday!" Manik nudged me for the nth time.

"Manik lemme sleep na, bohat der se soyi thi." I cried in sleepy voice and snuggled more in my quilt.

"Nandini, your sasu-maa asked me to wake you up." He said.

"What! Maa uth gayen? Shit. Shit. Shit." I panicked.

"Jee maa uth bhe gayi and she's waiting for you, har saal she does this pooja on my birthday. So tum jaldi utho, ready ho jao and nechay ao." He said getting up from the bed.

"No. Wait you didn't wish me properly last night because of all this happened." He smirked and sat on bed again.

"I did." I tried to act smart.

"Really?" He said and pulled me close by waist. Rubbed his thumb on my lower lip. "Manik.." "Shush." He pecked on the corner of my lip. "Miss Nandini Murthy, thank you so much. Thank you for cleaning the mess I made. Please do this always, you know me. Mein ghaltiaan karta rehta hoon." He said looking in my eyes. "Manik.. tum ab nahi karogay aur agar kiya bhe kuch to mein hoon na." I said.
"Acha chalo, hato abhi, I'm late already." I pushed him but he pulled me back. "Mera birthday gift?" He smirked.
"Kuch nae hai, bohat kuch dedia maine." I laughed and ran in the bathroom picking my stuff.

-----

We did pooja and went to an orphanage as per mom's wish.

Later in the evening.

"Wese nandini, our plan flopped." Di laughed.

"Di, don't talk about it. You know how scared I was!" I said making a horrified face.

"So was I!"

"Wait what happened? Whats going on?" Manik asked baffled.

"Nothing Mr. Malhotra." I laughed.

"Nandini. No. Tell me?" He was adamant.

"Actually, me and di; we both were planning this since a week, and you made it so easy for us. Actually we planned to get you here today and sort the differences out. But you made it really easy for us. So, thank you so much." I laughed.

"Jee janab. Nand-bhabhi on work already." Di teased.

"Di, I don't think you can ever call me bhabhi. You don't wanna know why!" I said faking irritation.

"Haww! Manik! You didn't propose her yet?" Shocked di spoke.

"NO!" I said nodding my head negatively.

"What manik? Beta iss bachi ne itna kuch kiya and tum isko abhe tak? Tch tch." His mom too joined in, all the ladies were hell bent to not let him speak.

"Aray. Ladies! Take a chill pill. Mauka hi nae mila!" He said scratching his head.

"Maa, you know yeh wait kar raha hai keh koi aur larka aake nandini ko propose kare aur janab action mode me jaake dishum dishum." Di laughed.

"Yeah. Right." He said with an irritated expression.

"Di, let it be. Yeh iske bas ki baat nae." I winked.

"Acha to aise baat hai?" He said.

"Jee bilkul, aisi hi baat hai." With this statement he sat down on his knees.
"Nandini Murthy, you know I'm not those romantic types who would say a lot of poetic stuff to make you feel my love, the thing I have for you I've never felt for anyone in my entire life. You've been a support to me, in my lows and my highs. You taught me how to live my life being with me or away from me. The moment I met you again you made me feel how complete I am now. I was a guy who used to run away from relationships, I used to think they're some monster who'll eat me alive - all because of one bad experience. Thank you so much for completing me, thank you for loving me for who I am - your messy punjabi munda. There's so much in my heart but I don't have words to explain. So, I'll just say - 'Will you marry me?'" He proposed me in the purest manner he could, tried to pour all his emotions in just some simple words. As soon as he ended, we both realized neither mom nor di was there, they left the moment manik started.
"Yes." I said and blushed on the thought that I'll be 'Mrs. Nandini Manik Malhotra' in some days.

xx The End xx

Hello guys, I don't know how you guys are feeling about the last chapter, I don't know if it was good enough, if the story was good enough or not. This idea was one random thought and I published chapter one. A cute love story (in my eyes lol 😋) how two people hate relationships because of some bad experiences. Thank you so much for all the love! Means a lot, really! Epilogue will be up as soon as I'm done writing it. 😅 and yes! Once again thank youuuuu! ❤
And for now, tadaa. 💋