Emotion #5: Sadness

A/N: Oh, this was so sad to write!

P.S. (B/Y)= Birth Year
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drip

Drip

Drip

The pitter patter of the rain falling onto the grassy lawn of the cemetery is the only sound that is able to reach his ears. The sky slowly turning into a dark gray color that reminds him of the smoke he puffs out from his, occasional, cigarette. No ray of sunlight dared to peak out from the gloomy setting of the scene in fear of making the situation even worse.

A bitter, strained laugh escapes those devilish lips of his, trying to make sense of the scene before reality slowly sets in, causing him to do something he has not done since his time as an angel, cry his heart out. He knows it is undevil-like of him, but nobody can blame him, knowing that the object, or rather person, he is crying over is practically the closest thing Lucifer had to a family, best friend, and lover all rolled up into one.

His cries echo throughout the cemetery and he punches the black tombstone until his knuckles begin to bleed and heal repeatedly; the name written onto it only causing his sadness and anguish to heighten.

(Y/N)

(B/Y)-2016

A dear friend and colleague with a golden heart

"(Y/N), love, you are such a bloody idiot for letting this happen to yourself, but it is also my fault since I was not there to help you...Oh how I wish I could've gotten there in time before...before..." Tears rapidly run down his face as he bites his lip to try and stop crying. His heart is twisting in pain and sadness for the love of his life, who is now laying inside of a coffin, her body, most likely, cold to the touch now because of the rain.

His own hair and clothes were becoming stuck to his body as the rain continues on, almost as if it were mocking him in some sort of cruel, sadistic way, just like what he would do to the poor suckers who came into Hell.

Looking up to the sky with his eyes blazing red like the fires of Hell, he growls angrily through tear blurred eyes, "SCREW YOU, YOU OLD GIT!! You've really done it this time! First it's banishing me from Heaven, then sending me to be the lord of Hell, and now you take away the love of my life. You know, even if she did know I was the devil, she still tried to convince me to make amends with you, banishment set aside! I wish she could see your true colors now, you old bastard!"

Death is tricky, painful, and not kind at all. Lucifer knows this, but right now, the sadness is just consuming him too much to even think about anything else except the body laying in the ground inside of a coffin.

Sadness is not something he is used to, but he wouldn't have felt it if it weren't for (Y/N)...