Chapter Eighteen - Truth

Start from the beginning

I shook with despair as Dad continued. "It was easy enough to tell the children that after Mum had given birth to Ron, she had you too. Bill was only 9 when you were born - and he was hardly the most observant child. Only Charlie asked questions, but the moment we brought you home with Ron, he forgot all about it and swore that he'd take care of his new baby sister. He had so many brothers, and all of the boys were excited to finally have a sister. We were excited to have a daughter after 6 sons."

I ran my hands through my hair and shook my head. "Why did you take me? If you knew who my real parents where, and the risks if the Dark Lord knew about me, why would you risk your entire family's lives by taking me?"

Dad sighed, and was about to speak, when Mum intervened. "We wanted a daughter. Dumbledore brought you to us, wrapped up in cloth and sleeping. He told us that this little girl, this beautiful little baby who was so well behaved, needed parents that would love her and care for her. We could give you that.

"We weren't rich, Juliet, but we were stable. With us you'd grow up in a home surrounded by laughter and family, with older brothers to take care of you. We thought that if we took you in, then perhaps we could save you, that we could prevent the inevitable. But we were wrong."

"Molly..." Dad hissed. I knew what she meant - maybe they could stop me from becoming a Slytherin, and ultimately a Death Eater. Well they hadn't.

I stood up, my legs shaking. "Did you change my name?" I whispered, the anger that was pulsating inside me threatening to spill. If I wasn't careful, I'd burn the entire house down in the blink of an eye, with all my family inside.

Except they weren't really my family, were they?

Mum nodded weakly. "We never knew your surname - Dumbledore is the only person with that information. We were only told the name that your birth mother gave you, and we saw fit to change it when we adopted you."

"Then what is it?"

I think I already knew. A nagging feeling, a sharp stabbing in my stomach. It couldn't be, it musn't be, but I already knew. That was why the Dark Lord wanted me so badly - he knew the truth. It wasn't simply because I was a threat to the Malfoy's, it was simply to do with my blood. The blood that for so long, I'd believed was dirty, blood traitor Weasley. The fact that I'd always relished in, enjoyed even. I was a Weasley, through and through.

Except I wasn't.

I was already dragging my trunk towards the fireplace and I had a fistful of Floo Powder in my hand before Mum could answer. "TELL ME MY REAL NAME!" I screamed at her, the dark mark on my arm pulsing in my anger. I wonder if the Dark Lord felt it, if he knew that I'd realized the truth.

Mum lowered and shook her head. I looked at Dad, his shoulders heaving as he tried to keep himself composed. I know this must be hurting him, but I didn't care. I didn't care about anybody, because my entire life was a lie.

"I swear, if you don't tell me my goddamn name, I will press this dark mark right now and call the Dark Lord himself here." I spat.

That seemed to shock her. She stared at me as my siblings filed back into the kitchen, staring at me in the fireplace, with my sleeve raised to show her the mark on my arm, ever as vivid and unfading as the day it had been branded into my skin.

"Juliet..." Charlie said, his voice thick with tears. I looked at them, George restraining Ginny who was struggling to get to me. "That's not my name Charlie..." I whispered sadly to him.

I threw the Floo Powder to my feet, saying 'The Leaky Cauldron' as I did so, and just heard the remnants of my mother's voice, or at least the woman who'd called her by that all these years. I heard her whisper my real name, so quiet, that it could have easily been missed. But I already knew what she was going to say, and as I shot through the Floo network, clutching my trunk and trying to force my sleeve down, it echoed in my ears, bouncing off the invisible walls and reaching down deep into my soul.

At last, I knew the truth.

And the truth really, really hurt.

"Andromeda..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OH.MY.GOODNESS!

I know that some of you were expecting this since I introduced the character of Perseus and his story, so well done to you if you guessed! If you weren't expecting this at all, leave me a comment and let me know whether you like this new twist or not!

I won't be updating as often as I have been now that school has restarted, but I'm going to try my best!

Thank you for the support and please keep liking!