Mission Impossible

Start from the beginning

"For a daughter of Ares, you sure clean up nicely," Grover remarked, looking me up and down in awe. I rolled my eyes as Grover whistled quietly.

"I'm still a girl, Grover. And you've still got a girlfriend." He reddened as Annabeth and Thalia smirked at him.

"There's no way you'll be able to fight in that." Thalia scowled. I grinned.

"I'll be fine, Thals."

"Don't call me that!" she snapped, probably since Luke always called her that. I shrugged.

"Sure thing, Thals." I smirked as she glared at me and her hand started inching to her knife at her waist.

"Okay, so, uhm, Addie, my m-mom is driving us to the school, so uhh we should uh go t-to the camp entrance..." Percy stammered, still staring at me. I flashed him a brilliant smile, the same smile Silena used on so many guys when she wanted to get her way. Percy nearly fainted.

"Let's go then!" I chirped, skipping off.

"Adrasteia, I don't know if you noticed, but you don't even have any weapons on you," Annabeth said coldly.

"Of course I do, Anna."

Her eyes flashed threateningly. "Don't. Call. Me. That," she hissed. I smiled innocently as we heard Sally's car approaching. Percy and Grover glanced between the extremely pissed off Annabeth and Thalia and me in confusion.

                         - - - - - - -

I could just feel the tension in that car, but I just examined my nails like everything was normal. My conversation with Luke kept playing through my mind.

"When you've got nothing left at that camp, Dras, or you get bored with all the goody-two-shoes, you're always welcome aboard the Andromeda. I love you, you know. You're the only family I ever truly had.

We can show your dad exactly what he's been neglecting. We can show Zeus exactly who's boss. And we'll show all of the gods that us demigods aren't a force to be ignored.

The Titan army is one big family. We've always got each other's backs. We'd never turn against you. Too many people have turned against us for us to turn against anyone."

"Addie, we're here. Ads!" Percy shook my arm and I looked at him. "You okay?" I blinked in confusion before looking around to see that we had parked in front of a fancy school.

"Oh, er, yea, sorry. Just thinking."

"Don't strain yourself," Thalia muttered. I rolled my eyes and climbed out of the car. Sally Jackson smiled at me.

"You look lovely, Addie. Thalia and Annabeth should've dressed similarly. It would've been easier to blend in... But you haven't got any weapons or anything in case, sweetheart." I just smiled at her.

"Thank you. And I do. I'll be fine." Her brow creased in worry, but she just nodded and turned to Percy.

"You have everything? Nectar, ambrosia?"

"Yea, Mom, I'll be fine. Thanks for the ride," Percy said, looking a bit embarrassed. She nodded and went back into the car.

"Stay safe kids!" We waved as she drove off.

Carry on my wayward son; there'll be peace when you are done. Lay your weary head to rest. Don't you cry no-

"Hello?" I said, answering my cell phone. Beckendorf had worked on it for me, so it was connected with anyone I would ever need to call, without having to search for signal. It still attracted monsters, but it kind of confused them, so it was sort of safe to use.