Chapter Five: Final Trip

I pick my spot at the back of the bus, put on my music and stared out the window. Watching the unfamiliar faces walk by, worried and bland. All were just a blur to me since I didn't recognize them. Then the bus started moving and enters the city.

Boy, this feels familiar...it feels like it has also been forever since I first left. I wonder how my ex-parents are doing?

The rain starts hitting the window, harder and harder, the wind started picking up speed and the sky grew dark. The bus continued on, taking turns here and there, occasionally stopping for other people which made this ride seem longer. Jason taps me on the shoulder again, I stop listening to my music. I then reply, "Yes? You need something?" he smiles at me, "I um, got a text from a friend in the area, says he wants to hang out with me for a while. You can make it to the house by yourself, right?" I give him a smirk, "I was going to do this by myself anyway, I think I can handle a simple bus ride" Jason chuckled and got off at the next stop.

Well...it looks like it's just me and myself again. It kinda feels nice...

I watch Jason as the bus takes off again, he gives me a wave and I wave back at him. The bus continues on for ten more minutes and then it is time for me to get off. I signal the driver to drop me off at the next bus stop, he pulls up and the doors open, I say thank you to him and step off.

Whoa, this neighborhood looks fancy.

I check the time and quickly run to find some cover from the rain. The time is half passed seven so the sky is naturally dark, the rainy clouds don't help that out either. I notice an older woman next to me, holding out her umbrella, "Here, take it." I stare at the offer, "...but, it's yours, and you need it." she then smiles a beautiful smile, "I wont need it anymore, I'm getting picked up, take it." I carefully grab the umbrella and thank her for her generous offer, and she nods to accept.

Gee, she was really kind to me...maybe everyone is like that here?

I open up the umbrella and begin walking towards my parent's house. It's only a few blocks away so I arrive within minutes. I stand there looking at what must be the most beautiful house I have ever seen in my whole life. Brilliant pillars, statues, a large gated fence and a magnificent garden in the front yard. I open the gate and walk towards the house, colorful stones, set path to walk around, everything neatly trimmed and well maintained. I look up from the bottom of the stairs, large dark wood doors, tower above me, then I notice the doorbell, I push it.

Ding ding ding dong....ding ding ding dong!

A happy little tune is heard played from within the house, I stand there anxiously waiting to see who will be the one to first to greet me. I make sure I look as pretty as possible and that is when locks are heard, being unlocked I set my eyes forward and prepare myself. Then the door opens.