Chapter 10

"What do you think of that place?" I pointed to a nice, two-story house as Dani and I cuddled in her bed, looking at houses on her laptop.

"It's way too much money." She sighed. I giggled and nodded. We sat in silence as she scrolled through pages and pages before stopping at one. "What about this one?" She asked, clicking on the profile of the house to learn more.

"Not too big, not too expensive... It's perfect." I looked up at her, smiling.

She leaned over and kissed my head. "Good. Hey, let's go on a date tonight."

"Tonight? Isn't that too soon?"

She rolled her eyes. "We once hung out after five minutes of deciding to."

"Well yeah. That was hanging out. This is a date." I softly blushed, looking down.

"Oh my god, Sam. We've gone on how many dates? C'mon, please? I want to take you out tonight."

I bit my lip but smiled and nodded. "Yeah, okay. Where are we going?"

"Where I took you on our first date." She grinned.

"And every date after that?" I giggled.

"Shut up." She gently shoved me. "I didn't hear you complaining."

"That's because I love that place."

"And I love you." She set the laptop aside and softly kissed me.

I tossed my clothes into the hamper in Danis room, putting on some underwear and a bra. A wolf-whistle met my ears and I squealed, hiding in the closet and glaring at Dani. She laughed. "Come on, Sammy. Don't hide." She grabbed my shoulders and gently pulled me out, her eyes travelling down my body then back up to my eyes. "You know I love your body."

"Maybe you do, but I don't." I pouted, poking at my stomach.

She rolled her eyes. "Well get some clothes on. I'm ready to go." She smiled. I rolled my eyes and went back to the closet, putting on a nice, dark park of skinny jeans. What shirt do I wear? Softly giggling, I took one of Danis shirts and put it on, putting her hoodie on after it.

"Are you really going to wear my clothes?" She crossed her arms.

"Hey, we're going to be living together. You better get used to it." I smiled wide at her. It's been two years since we started going out. My parents tried reaching out to me, but I'm not going to let that poison back in my life. We graduated high school soon after Prom and both got jobs. A few weeks ago, we decided to move out of her mothers' place, and ever since then, we've been looking at various websites for houses. Anna even said she'd help pay!

"Yeah, yeah." She rolled her eyes and took my hand, pulling me out of her room and down the stairs. Anna looked at Dani wiggling her eyebrows and she blushed, looking away. What's going on with those two? I shrugged it off and put my shoes on. "Mum, we're going out."

We sat down in our usual booth, and I crossed my arms. "What was that about?"

"What was what?"

"You and your mom. You shared a look before we left."

She softly blushed and looked away. "It's nothing." This fucker.

The waitress walked over and smiled. "Hello, ladies. Still going strong, I see?"

"You've seen us almost every week, Judy. Of course we're going strong." I grinned.

"Alright, alright. I'll go get your food." She smiled and basically skipped away. Why is everyone acting so weird today?

I looked over at Dani, who was staring at me. "What?"

"Nothing, nothing. Let's go to the arcade after this, alright?" She grinned.

"Uh... Okay?" I tilted my head. Arcade? Why the arcade?

She went to one of those machines where you put in a quarter and turn it, getting out a ball that has something inside. I looked around as she put the quarter in and when I looked back, my eyes widened. What is she doing? I watched as Dani was on her knee, smiling at me. "Samantha..."

"Daniella..." My heart skipped a beat as she gushed about us.

She took a deep breath after she was done. "So, Samantha Lynn James, will you do the honour of marrying me?" She popped open the ball, showing a shiny ring.

"Are you proposing with a ring you got out of a game?" I tilted my head.

She groaned and lowered her head before lifting it back up and looking at me. "No, I'm not. I've had this in my pocket all night. When you were looking away, I took it out. Now, can we get back to my question?"

"Huh? Oh, right." I softly blushed. She really proposed to me. I grinned. "Yes."

She rolled her eyes and stood, putting the ring on my finger. "Only you would get distracted while someone is proposing to you and not have an overdramatic 'yes'."

"You know me. I don't like to cry in font of people." I giggled.