Redial

But life goes on for everyone else. Yours has stopped all together, leaving you breathless. Yet somehow, theirs go on.

And you're stuck in your head, trapped with your thoughts so you keep hitting redial. redial. redial. because you wish you were the one sleeping and this whole big mess was nothing but a nightmare. Because his lips couldn't have met hers the way that they meet yours. Could they? Is it possible for the only one you love, to love somebody else? To for the briefest instant, love somebody else.

You've always thought that our hearts were on a string leading you to the love of your life and everyone else was just a knot in your string. The people who lied, the people who cheated. WHat if he was the end of your string but you weren't his? You were just a knot in his string. You're not his ending.

And when you find that, your string is bound to break just like everything else. And you realize that maybe life can go on. But you just keep hitting redial. redial. redial. Because your heart yearns to be with him. Your brain knows to leave. To stop hitting redial, but your heart tells to you keep going. Every time his voicemail picks up, your heart breaks into another piece but it doesn't care. It has nothing else to live for. So you're stuck with nothing but a broken heart and a voicemail. And you can't help but think that maybe you led him to this. And it just eats away at you until sleep isn't an option.

But you need him. You hit redial again because you need him. And you shouldn't. You keep telling yourself that you're the victim.

Your heart was beaten for 11 months and now its dead. It not your fault. And you keep telling yourself that but it's just not enough. So you hit redial again.

You feel desperate. You need his attention. You need him so you keep hitting redial. But you keep getting nothing. And that's enough to get your mind racing. You can't help but want him, because he's your best friend.

So you cry until your eyes are dry and you keep hitting redial. redial. redial. Waiting for an answer that you will never get.