Chapter 1

It was the first day of school. Or,more importantly, the first day of highschool and you had butterflies in your stomach. You had moved 2 weeks before and you wouldn't know anyone. Well, there was one girl you'd know but you guys weren't friends. Her dad and your dad knew each other so from time to time you would see her, but you never socialized.

"Bye Maiya, I love you and I'll pick you up after school."

"Okay, bye dad love you."

As he was driving off I pleaded with him in my mind to turn around,pick me up, and take me home.

Nope... he was gone.

'Well, I gotta do it.' You thought as you walked towards the school doors.

When you entered you saw students hugging and reuniting talking about their summer, and how they missed each other.

Knowing no one you awkwardly leaned on the wall next to other students who must've also been new. Well at least you weren't the only one.

To pass the time you played on your phone and every time you'd glance up there was this boy staring. At you.

He was really cute. Pfft, bump that, he was FINE. Beautiful. Perfect. He was everything. And you couldn't believe he was actually looking at you.

He was probably about 5'7 1/2, he had a strong neck, was light-skinned, had dark brown curly hair, which was a reddish brown on top, and perfect white teeth. You also noticed he had vampire fangs- nice and sharp.

You looked back down at your phone and up again. He smiled and waved at you, and you did the same in response. Then he started walked in your direction.

'Oh my god, he's walking toward me. What do I do? Oh wait wait, just be chill. Breath'

He was getting closer and you put on a big smile and then.. He walked right past you. You turned around and saw him hugging this GORGEOUS girl.

'Great,so this whole time he wasn't even looking at me he was looking at her. That does make more sense though. Why would he look at me?'

You thought about your silky curly hair, your poop brown eyes,your golden light-skin, your teeth. Especially your gap. Your ugly gap. It wasn't that big probably only 1/2 an inch, but you hated it.

"Hey Chres!"

"Hey Taylor! I missed you over the summer bestfriend!'

"Haha, I missed you too little ugly."

After that you just zoned out and thought about what just happened.

I feel so dumb... He wasn't even looking at me!

The bell must've rang because everyone began departing and going to their classes. As you walked to yours to looked back and saw Chres wink at you.