Hang in There

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

( Annabeth's POV )

I guess I wasn't the only one who expected that. Nobody but Katniss really expected it. Well, it had been confirmed that him and Katniss were dating.

But I was the only one speechless. Hazel and Nico looked down at me, waiting for me to say something. And I would. I'm not letting go of his ankle. Not a chance.

So they help him up, and when I wouldn't let go, it was just his leg in the hole he spoke to me," Annabeth," Percy said," Let go."

" No," I told Percy" I'm not letting go, alright. If I let go I know I will be dead, I know that because there is nobody strong enough to go through with, that I will be dead. You've done it before, Percy. We both have. I'm sure as Hell not letting go."

" You've done it before," Percy told me," And you can do it again," but I still wasn't letting go of his ankle.

" If I go down," I told Percy," You're coming with me."

" Not in a firkin million years," Percy said," You know why, too."

It was true, I knew why. But not because of last time. It's because he hated me, and didn't want to be stuck with me. So I just stayed there on his ankle until he had the nerve to cut me off, and I fell into endless darkness.

Alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

( Nico's POV )

Percy shook Annabeth of his ankle, and after a minute, her hands were to weak, and she went down. Alone. It sure surprised us all. But he just went over to Katniss, who was happy as Hell to see him still here. When we were all talking a girl, about Percy's age, bumped into us.

" Hey, watch were you're-" Percy said, and he didn't finish the rest of his sentence," Who are you?"

I didn't know the chick, either, but she acted weird because she must know Percy or something.

" Where's Nico?" the chick asked, and I wondered if it was me or another Nico," He isn't dead, is he? WHERE IS HE!?"

I looked back at the others, and we agreed on a question for her.

" Nico who?" Hazel asked, and I didn't expect this part.

" Nico Di Angelo," the chick said," Where is he? Is he dead?"

" No," I said, really weirded out," I'm right here."

" Nico?" this girl seemed really happy to see me and I still had a personal question for her.

" Yeah," I said," And you are?"

" Nico," the chick said to me, and I'm telling you this just made my crappy day," It's me. Your sister, Bianca."

Percy or Grover really didn't expect it, either. But yeah, now I was happy. When Bianca asked me a question.

" What are you doing in Rome?" Bianca asked me," With eight other people?"

" Hellava story," I told Bianca," Let's just say we are on a suicide mission."

" Safe to say" Piper said," Considering the curcumstanzes."

"" Yeah," I said, my mind leading back to Annabeth's falling," next time Percy's on bottom with a broken ankle."

" Rude," Percy said," If you wanted to help so bad, you could've jumped."