Alec nodded. "And the previous guys?"

I sighed. "Because they have something in common with Cole of course."

"And you always end breaking up because they are not Cole enough."

"Yeah. Cole's still much better than them." 

Alec laughed once again.

I slapped him on his back. "What?"

He simply shrugged and turned the tv on again. "Maybe you should just go date Cole since you're always looking for someone like him."

The thought of dating my best friend which I have known for all my life widened my eyes. "Ewww! Best friends don't date their best friends!"

Alec raised an eyebrow. "Is that some kind of best friend rule thing?"

I thought about that. "It's like an unspoken rule. Best friends shouldn't break their friendship by being more than best friends. If Cole was here he'll punch you for even suggesting that idea."

My brother murmured something like I doubt that but I'm not really sure.

"What did you say?"

Before Alec had time to respond the front door opened letting the most awesome guy in the world come in.

"Coley-broccoli!" I shrieked and run towards him burying my face in his chest and tying my arms around his neck.

Cole laughed and hugged me back, kissing the top of my head. "Hi too, Tashie. What's up?"

I let go of him and faced him with what my brother calls the my-boyfriend-broke-up-with-me look. His emerald green eyes are still the most beautiful thing in the world for me. And as I expected of my best friend, he recognized it.

"Uh-oh!" Cole frowned. "That Collin broke up with you? I'm gonna break that guys nose on Monday!"

I giggled taking Cole's hand and leading him upstairs to my room. I heard him greet my brother with a Hey, man! which my brother responded with a Talk some sense to her comment. I rolled my eyes at them.

Once we were inside my room, I shut the door and loudly collapsed on my bed. Cole set his bag on the chair on my desk and sat on my bed.

"How was your day?" I asked him.

"Clearly better than yours." He teased. He received a punch on the leg for that.

Cole chuckled. "Your punch never fails me, Tash."

I sat and crossed my legs facing him. "And you also never fail to tease me."

"Why did he break up you?" Cole snatched the pillow on my hand and placed it behind his head as he laid down.

I rested my head on his chest before answering. "He said he can't reach my expectations."

He laughed softly. "I didn't know you had such high standards."

I shrugged tracing invisible circles on his stomach. "He's no match to you, you know. You're still much, much better than all the guys I have ever dated. I wonder why you're all so great."

"It comes with the territory."

I had to laugh. "Whatever, Coley. Someday I'll gonna find a boy who is just like you and I'll show you you're not that great."

Cole said something so softly I almost didn't hear it. "Well, I wish you wouldn't search so far away."

 I pinched him lightly. "Silly you, Coley. Of course not. I'm not gonna go search the whole globe. You just wait and see."

~~~~~~

Author's Note:

I'd love to hear what you think guys.. Please feel free to comment your thoughts.. =) =) I'd love to hear them.. Enjoy the next chapters..

xoxo,

~beth~

P.S.

the song at the side is Bestfriend by Auburn.. i think it's perfect for this story especially for Tasha! Hope you have time to listen to that.. ;))