Chapter 1

A/N- Sorry the prologue was really short:/.

*********************

DING DING DING DING

"Enggghh" I groaned as I slammed my hand down on the alarm clock. I sat up & cried out in pain. My whole body ached from yesterday's beating. Mason. We were best friends in elementary, but once we got into junior high he became popular & stopped talking to me. Now every day after school he'd find me & beat me, sometimes until I passed out. I'd been to the hospital multiple times because of it, but nobody did anything about it. Except for Jace. Jace always got pissed & would try to take Mason down, but would end up with a busted lip instead. Ever since Jace moved here, he's been like a brother to me & I love him for it.

"Jayvee!! Get your fuckin ass down here!!" My mother yelled at me from downstairs.

"I'll be down in a bit!!" I screamed back. She wasn't actually my mom, she's my step-mom. I like her(most of the time) but I still don't understand why she married my dad, who's a complete dick-head.

"Well hurry up PAHLEASE!! Your going to be late!!" I sighed but jumped out of bed carefully & went into the upstairs bathroom. I took a quick shower & did my hair. I sprinted to my bedroom afterwards. I pulled on a pair of black skinny jeans, a Hello Kitty shirt(I know it screams "I'm gay!!" but I am so IDGAF!!), checkered Vans, a Gir back pack & a black beanie. I ran down the stairs & into the kitchen where Joey(my step-mother) was .drinking a beer.

"You look gay as fuck. As usual." she stated. I nodded.

"& you look drunk. As usual." She snickered as I grabbed a strawberry pop tart.

"Thanks." She said sarcastically. I nodded & walked towards the door. "Love ya Lee" she smiled.

"Love ya too Joey" I smiled & opened the door just to run into none other than *drumroll please.... Dudududududududududud....* Mason.

"Who's Joey? Is that your boyfriend fag-" I ran back inside & slammed the door.

"What's wrong?" Joey questioned.

"Mason" I mouthed. Her mouth formed an 'O' as she stood up & grabbed the frying pan that was laying on the counter. She walked towards me & I moved out of the way of the door.

She opened the door & put one hand on her hip & the frying-pan-hand over her shoulder. "Why the hell are you in my yard?" She sneered sending death glares in his direction.

"I came here to see the faggot." Mason barked. 'OHNOHEDIDNT!!'I said to myself. Joey hates the word faggot, especially If someone's calling me it.

"If you call Jayvee that again I swear to god I will beat your ass with this frying pan."

"I. Came. To. See. The. Faggot."

"Okay, challenge excepted." she muttered angrily putting both hands on the frying pan handle & smacking it across Masons face.

"Holy fucking shit woman!! that hurt!!" Mason said, immediately grabbing his now beet-red cheek.

"It was supposed to you dumb ass. now leave Jayvee alone or next time I'll cut off your balls with a butcher knife." Joey said evilly & walked back inside. "I'm surprised Jace isn't here y-"

"Good job mama bear!!'' Jace hooted stepping inside. He had a big grin on his face as he took half of my poptart.

"Thank you. Thank you." she smiled brightly & curtsied, which made me & Jace laugh.

Jace put his arm over my shoulder & said,"Well were gunna be late for school. is it okay if Jay comes over after school?"

"Sure just call me when you get there." we nodded & walked out the door. It was silent, but not an awkward silence but a comfortable one.