Prologue: Gusto ko

Fragments was all I have right now. Although my memory was still a blur, I could remember some fragments of it. I remember two young boys flying their kites in the middle of a huge farm, I remember a man holding me up to the air, laughing with me, making me smile so wide, I remember the warm hug of a woman, her singing voice lulling me to sleep - I remember those things - I thought they didn't matter but it ended up to be important for me for those things are my memories - the memories I didn't really lost - I just forgot.

"She didn't have amnesia, Madame Consunji, she suffered from a block out. According to the test, she know some things about herself, she just didn't know who she was."

I was listening carefully to the psychologist speaking in front of me. She was woman in her mid thirty's, she looks so bothered. She's not really pretty, but she kept on looking over my shoulder which bothered the hell out of me. I looked back and raised my left brow when I realized that she was looking at Lukas - my brother. I looked back at the psychologist. She flipped her hair.

"My brother's married, just so you're wondering." I said out of nowhere. Grandma Adel looked to my side, she was probably wondering why I said that but I didn't care. She had to be informed.

"Excuse me?" The doctor glared at me.

"You're looking at my brother, you're flipping you're hair, you're making little gestures and you've licked your lips for over ten times while looking at Lukas." I snorted a bit. "Sino bang in-observe dito, ikaw o ako?"

"Adelaide..." Lola called me by my first name. She's mad, I was sure of that. I haven't been home for almost eleven years and yet her tone hasn't change.

"Doc, I'm sorry." Lola apologized to her. I rolled my eyes.

"We're done here." The doctor dismissed us. I stood up and took my Hermes bag and went to Lukas' side. I took his arm and we exited the clinic like nothing happened. He was giggling like the little boy that he was.

"You're such a brat." Bulong niya pa sa akin. I shrugged.

"You were aware of her flirtations, weren't you?" I hissed. Tumawa lang ang kapatid ko. We stopped in the middle of the hall way and waited for Lola. Nang makalapit siya sa akin ay hinawakan niya ako sa balikat. Pinakatitigan niya ako at saka umiling.

"You were gone for a very long time, Laide but you haven't change." Sabi niya sa akin. I kept quiet. Lola hasn't noticed it yet, but I know in my hearts of hearts, I have changed.

We got in to the car. Lukas was the one driving it; Lola was sitting on the back seat, making some calls while I sit next to Lukas looking at the things I have missed. This is where I'm really from, the big city, the Metro. This is my home and yet, it doesn't feel like one. I feel like I'm a stranger trapped in the middle of a big city and all I wanted to do was to go back to the place where I know I should be.

We arrived at the mansion. Inalalayan ni Lukas si Lola na makalabas sa sasakyan. Sumunod na rin ako sa kanila. Sinalubong kami ni Yaya Lydia at ng iba pang kasama sa bahay, I was looking at Luke and Lola and I saw how Luke's face lightened up when he saw Hera - his one and a half year old daughter running to him, he carried her, sumunod naman ang asawa niya, si Apollo, Luke put his arms around her waist and kissed her lips. They look so happy. Apollo waved at me, tapos ay hinatak niya na si Lukas.

I sighed. I found myself smiling while looking at their family. I don't know what's this thing I'm feeling in the middle of my chest; it's like a big sink hole appeared inside of me and I'm slowly falling away.

"Ma'am Laide, may kailangan po ba kayo?" One of the maids asked me. I shook my head. Hindi naman nila ako kailangan tanungin because I could take care of myself. I went upstairs to my room. I sat in the middle of the bed still thinking. I looked around, it's been a year since I got back but I'm feeling really sad. I want to go back to the life I left.

Gusto kong bumalik, gusto ko ulit mamumuhay kasama ang mga taong nagmahal sa akin. Gusto ko ulit maging si Tintin.