Chapter 8-Well I Never

Start from the beginning

"I am Delaney Jones of the-"I begiln but she cut me off.

"I know who you are." She snaps, then quickly regains composure. "My sister, Jessie, is your second." She says, forcing a smile but her flaring nostrils told she was feeling quite the opposite of a smile.

"Jessie? I had no idea she had family." I say, watching the girl as she strode across the room opening a closet door, revealing a great set of dresses.

"No, you wouldn't now, would you?" She says carelessly, taking me bit aback. Her long slender fingers reached over the fabric of the dresses as she pulled out a pacific blue one, quite old fashioned but lovely in its own modern kind of way, and laid it across the nightstand beside the flickering candle stick. "Your to be dressed and ready when you meet my master." She says, looking at me. "Shall I help you dress?" She asks.

I shake my head. "No, i'm fine." I say, she simply nods and walks out of the room with a grim look on her face. I get up, slipping the white nightgown off as it fell loosely around my ankles. I stepped out and reached for the blue dress, helping myself into it. It was a bit rough, but clung to my body in all the right places highlighting my pale skin and hair. I look at myself in the mirror against the wall for a good minute before deciding to call Angelica back in.

"I'm done!" I call, and she scurries in, lifting her skirts as she took my arm and forced me down into a chair in from of a vanity mirror. She grabbed a brush and started to tug at my hair mercilessly. I cried out a bit as she brought my head back with a mean yank.

"Vos cheveux sont comme un rat nid géant consommé en molasses." She starts ranting in some foreign language that sounds an awful lot like french. I bite down my lip as she finally finishes wrestling down my hair, and starts to burn it with this curling iron.

Then the girl as the nerve to dress my face in thick black eyeliner making me look like a cat, red lipstick making my lips pop out from the rest of my appearance and a light rosy shade of blush she splotched on my cheeks.

"Is this really necessary?" I couldn't help asking as she painted over my nails with a clear coat nail polish. She smacks my hand, rolling her eyes as her green orbs flickered up to meet my own blue eyes.

"You will not meet his majesty looking like an everyday fool." She comments, making me gape at her slightly as she looked away, letting out a huff as she continued with my nails. I take in a deep breath, at least I get to find out who this man is, and why it is he wants me and every other vampire he can get his hands on.

"What is his majesty's name?" I ask, glancing at Angelica. She looked so unamused.

"Only his majesty may speak it to you, mistress." She says, her voice cold and hard. She had an utter distaste for me and I cannot imagine why. She sat back, standing to her feel as she let out a huff. "You are ready." She says.

JAKE'S POV

Kisten was suddenly grounded in her opinion, and all she could do was rant on to WILL of all people of how we should be acting fast, saying perhaps magnus could teleport us there. But Magnus only kindly shook his head at her.

"I cannot transport to places I have never been. You would end up in Tahoe." He jokes, but is serious all at the same time. These people are so peculiar, they way they act and move, all holier than thou kind of crap with their utter amusement of putting themselves in suicidal positions. I might as well start digging now, because I can't leave my best friend alone, but following her will eventually get my fabulous ass killed.

Next thing I knew Raphael slipped passed me, placing a small folded piece of paper in my hand. I could not help smirking slightly as I opened it just to see it neat as my underwear drawer handwriting a note that read: