Chapter 6: Heartache

CHAPTER 6

DELANEY'S POV

When the sun begins to break over the mountain tops, I jump up and pull Magnus's velvet red curtains shut, the room now only being illuminated by the antique renaissance designed lamps Magnus loves so much. I hear footsteps and turn around to see Kirsten standing there, her arms raised above her head as she yawns, the silk night gown swaying around her upper thighs giving her that angelic appeal. Her brown hair looking as if she had curled it as it fell over her shoulders. Following behind her is Jake.

Jake looks disheveled but in that hot kind of way were his hair's all messy and his clothes are wrinkled just a bit. He drapes himself over the comforter as Kirsten literally sits on top of him. He huffs, making Kirsten grin lazily and lean back. Jake, ignoring this, wraps his arms around her waist. If it weren't for the fact that he is clearly gay, I would see Jake and Kirsten as an item.

Also not to mention that Kirsten is obviously gaga for William.

"You two look like quite the disaster." I point out jokingly, a grin playing out on my lips as Kirsten simply rolls her eyes.

"You look like you haven't slept in years," Kirsten jokes. "Oh, right. Vampire. Sorry." She corrects herself as William suddenly strolls in, running a hand through his hair as his eyes land on Kirsten. Seeing this, Kirsten's smile falls and she looks away from him. Trouble in paradise? I assume.

"Kirsten..." His voice comes out gruff, deep, probably from having just woken up. "Can I talk to you about last night?" He asks, nervously. It's almost cute, but as a girl, my alliance stays with Kirsten. He obviously did something to screw things over with this brown haired goddess. How delightful. Not.

"No, you made it very clear to me last night there is nothing to talk about." She huffs aggravated, her hand clasped in Jake's for what I'm assuming is a restraint so she doesn't get up and castrate Will where he stands. Magnus probably would have a hairy fit if she got William's blood in his new cashmere carpet.

"Look, you don't unders-" He is cut off as Magnus bounces in with Alec walking groggily behind him.

"Guess what everyone, we're taking a trip!" He announces just as Samuel and Raphael walk into the room. They both look at Magnus, confused, before Samuel turns his attention on me, our eyes locking. I blink, and look down. I can't do this right now. I need to get my head on straight. Boys have never been on my agenda.

"A trip?" I ask incredulously. "But what about the flower? We still have no idea how to claim it." I interject, making Magnus look at me with a sigh. He's wearing a look that says, 'Must I explain everything?'

"Well," He begins, sitting on a comforter, crossing his right leg over his left as he gives me a pleased grin. "You should know I have found out why the flower is being held in such high captivity. It appears to kill vampires unless the blood of the very first creator is splashed upon it." He finishes, making me blink.

This is because nobody knows who the first vampire even was. Anyone who ever found out the name, died.

"That's not all either. The flower resides with this man in Transylvania. That note you're Jessie got, I was able to enchant just enough to learn that whoever sent this is indeed the original vampire. The clave lied to us so none would dare risk their lives searching for the flower where it truly resides, which is most definitely not Idris." He finishes, making me lean against the wall for support.

That means this mission is not just about me anymore, but every vampire who has ever existed. And it just got a lot more dangerous.

"So we're going to Transylvania then." Samuel smirks, sitting beside Kirsten and Jake who are silently fighting over a bobby pin. Magnus nods.