Chapter 9

(In case y'all forgot how bad they are 😻✨)

Lyric POV

"Bye Veronica it's been great having you stare here sweetie. Your like a daughter to me. Sometimes I wish you were my actual daughter." My "mother" hugged Veronica swiping a tear.

I rolled my eyes pretending that actually didn't hurt really bad.

My father hugged her to and said basically how he wants Veronica as a daughter to.

"Lyric stop being such a disrespectful child and say bye to your cousin." My mother scolded.

"Bye" I waved and pushed past her to hug my aunt goodbye. "Bye Aunty I'll miss you come visit me soon."

"Of course baby girl. Thanks so much for watching after Veronica for me guys."My aunt waved bye and her and Veronica left.

Thank the good good lord.

Suddenly I felt a cold hard slap going across my face. So strong I fell on the floor. It was from my mother.

"How dare you embarrass your father and I like that. You are an embarrassment to the family and I can't wait for you to turn 18 so you can leave this house and our lives for good. I don't know who's daughter you are. But your moat definitely not mine. Now get up and get out of my face. Run so maybe your fat ass will lose a little wait." Then she did the most disrespectful thing someone could ever do. She spit on me. And so did my father.

They walked over me and left the house to go out.

I cried and cried and cried. This can't be how I live. So it's not gonna be. I'm done.

I knew my parents wouldn't be coming home for the entire weekend so I went upstairs and I packed as much as I could. I got my bags and my keys and headed out.

10 minutes later I arrive at his doorstep. Again.

Knock knock

The door opens and there he is. In all his glory.

"You do this way to much. Showing up at my doorstep in middle of the night. With no explanation or warning." He joked but then he saw the bags in my hand.

"I um kinda need a pl-"

"Come in Lyric. Your always welcomed here for however long you want." He took my bags out my hand and I followed him in.

"I'm sorry for barging in here unexpected and asking you to stay here. I promise I won't stay long maybe like a week or 2 just until I find my own place a-"

"Lyric shut up. You talk to much. I don't mind and you know I'm Lonley as hell in here and I need a cook. So please stay here longer then 2 weeks. Move in with me shit." He said looking at me.

"Move in? We're not even.....together." I said.

"So? Move in as a roommate then."he looked dead serious.

"Ka'tavious I don't know. I mea-"

"Do you wanna go back home?"

"No. Fu- I mean no no I don't." I don't feel like being yelled at for my mouth again.

"Then where else can you go? What do you have to lose? Be honest. What are you so afraid of?"

"I'm not af-"

"You are afraid. Of what? You think imma do something to you? Are you scared of me?"

Why did I feel like we weren't taking about moving in with him anymore?

"No I'm jus-"

"JUST WHAT LYRIC DAMN.  What do you want? I do everything in gods power to show you that I care. To show you that I'll be there for you. To show you that I fucking want you. It's not about you moving in here. It's about you not knowing what you want. It's about you letting everyone walk over you and control your fucking life. YOUR JUST SO SCARED AND IT PISSES ME O- oh my god Lyric are you crying." He stopped and noticed the stream of tears going down my face.  I shook my head and put my head in my hands.

"Please don't yell at me right now" I whispered.

I'm not crying cause he yelled tho. I'm crying cause everything he just said is true. I am a spineless person. I do everything I'm told. I don't do anything unexpected or fun. I don't think for myself or stand up for myself. And I've done this all my life. For what? Acceptance.

"Oh my god babygirl I'm so sorry." He pulled me in his lap and let me cry in his shoulder as he whispered in my ear and gently stroked my back.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm so sorry." He kept repeating over and over again.

I got out of his grip and looked him  in the eye.

"Don't say sorry Ka'tavious. You're right. Everything you said was true."

"No it wasn't Lyric I w-"

"No stop. You were right. I do everything I'm told. I smile and agree with whatever I'm told to agree with. I take constant verbal abuse from my family. I'm told I'm ugly,fat,stupid. No matter what I do. My parents will never accept me. Or be proud to call me their daughter. I'm always gonna be a disappointment to them. And you Ka'tavious. I've never had any fun. Or done anything for myself. I've never smile or laughed a genuine laugh. That was all till I met you. I've know you for a short amount of time I feel like I can be myself around you. I'm not afraid of you Ka'tavious. I'm afraid of falling for you. Cause if I fall for you and you fall for me. I could hurt you. I don't wanna sound corny but I don't know how to love. I don't. And I fall for you, then I might get hurt. And I can't take being hurt by someone I love again."

"Lyric. I promise you if you fall for me. You're not going to get hurt. And this might sound corny to but I don't know how to love either. So we could show each other. We could fall together Lyric. But you gotta learn to be yourself and think for yourself. You gotta learn how to put your trust in someone. You gotta learn to put your trust in me. Trust that I got you. Trust that I'm gonna catch you. Do you trust me?" He asked looking into my eyes wiping my tears away with his thumbs.

I nodded my head slowly.

"Nah I need to hear you say it."

"I trust you Ka'tavious."

"Prove it to me by moving in here with me."

I sat there thinking about the what I should do. But today is the first official day I'm thinking for myself and no one else.

"Ok. I'll move in with you."

A/N

Once again I greatly apologize 😭.  So I decided to play with y'all emotions on this chapter. Just a lil. I promise the next update will be very soon. All the future updates for that matter. 😭

But tell me what y'all thought about that chapter.

Anyways vote comment and all that good stuff. 💙

Love y'all 👑

-Lana 👸🏾