Chapter 5 ~ 24-hour endurance road race

Comenzar desde el principio

    "(Y/N), I think I found something that belongs to you." the bookworm said. I turned around and saw my cat in her arms. I went to grab her back, but Levy's grip got tighter and tighter.

    "Levy?" I asked with a 'what are you doing' expression on my face.

    "Sorry, she's just so cute!" she replied, a little embarrassed.

    "It's fine, how about you play with Jesse for a while. Is that okay with you, Jesse?" The exceed nodded and Levy squealed, running away with my cat.

Lucy's P.O.V.

    Natsu took me away from (Y/N), Erza, Wendy, and the exceeds. The problem is, I don't know where to. He took me in between two buildings, into a dark alleyway. "Luce, can I ask you something... personal?" I tensed up. No, no, no, no, no, no! This cannot happen!

    "Uh, yeah." I responded, a little uncertain.

    "Does (Y/N) ever talk about me?" I sweatdropped.

"Why do you care?" I replied casually, but on the inside, I was screaming like a little girl on christmas. Finally, I can get everyone off my back and win the bet. I'll kill two birds with one stone. He blushed.

"Just wondering." he replied shyly, staring at the ground.

"Well, she said that you guys had a little rendez-vous at the Sola tree..." I started.

"And...?" he asked.

"She told me that she likes someone in the guild." I lied.

"Really? Who?" he asked excitedly.

"Don't know, she wouldn't tell me. Maybe if you ask her?" He blushed and buried his cheeks in his scarf.

"Thanks Luce." he said with his signature grin. Except this time, it seemed pretty fake and forced.

"No problem. Are we done?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah." He ran off and I wasn't too far from him.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

    Natsu took Lucy away and I didn't really have anything to talk to the others about, so I headed back to the currently empty guild. I was almost there until I was stopped by a cold hand that was placed on my shoulder. "Gray! Did you lose the reporter?" I asked with a giggle.

    "Thankfully, yes." he answered with a laugh. We started walking together back to the guild. "I still have to do the photoshoot and interview though. Fairy Tail mage's honor" he said with a sad expression in the end.

    "Would it make you feel better if I did it with you?" I suggested.

    "Would you? It wouldn't make the situation better, but it would make me feel better."

    "Sure, it'd be fun!"

"Yeah. For you."

"It's not my problem that I'm a girl."

"But it shouldn't be my problem that I'm a guy." I giggled at what he  just said. As we reached the guild, I had to ask him something.

"Where are we?"

"At the guild." he said a little confused.

"No, I mean, Where are we?" I restated but this time, making hand motions.

"Oh, you're referring to the kiss, aren't you?" I nodded. "I don't know, where would you like us to be?" I shrugged. "Are you going to talk at all?" I sighed and he looked annoyed.

"Should we start dating? Should we forget about it?"

"Lets just wait until the whole sorcerer weekly thing blows over." he suggested.

"Sure." I agreed, then everyone, including Jason, ran into the guild and the room was noisy once again. Jason then came up behind Gray and startled him.

"So, can we start with the interview?" Jason asked.

"Do I have to?" he replied with another question.

"Oh my gosh, Gray Fullbuster is so cooooool." Jason added.

    "Hey, Jason. Can I maybe join Gray and the boys in the photoshoot and interview?" I budded in.

    "The new girl? Cooooool!" the reporter said.

    "I'll take that as a yes." I said jokingly. Gray just chuckled.

    "Let's get started then." he said to both Gray and I. "When did you first join Fairy Tail?"

    "Year x774." Gray replied.

    "Four days ago." I said timidly.

    "Cooooool! What kind of magic do you guys use?" the reporter interrogated.

    "Ice-make."

    "Ice dragon slayer."

    "Two ice mages?! Is there a relationship blooming?" asked the nosy reporter.

    "I'd say so." I heard Levy mumble. I glared at her.

    "Cooooool!"

    "We're just friends." we said in unison.

    "Anywho, can you show me your powers?" Jason asked.

    "Depends, do you want to freeze to death?" I said sarcastically. Gray glared at me and then I showed Jason a little Happy ice sculpture. Gray just showed him a guild mark ice sculpture.

    "Cooooool! Where are your parents?" Gray just remembered something, slammed his hand on the table and walked away. Everyone looked at Jason and I and I ran off to find Gray. I finally found my friend at the dock, he was just sitting there, with his legs dangling. He looked kind of cute there. It looked like he was thinking. But thinking about what? I had to know. I went to him and tapped his shoulder, he looked up at me with a look of relief. He was probably afraid that Jason went after him. He motioned me to sit next to him and I gladly took him up on the offer. At first, we just sat there in silence until I decided to break the silence.