Chapter one: The New

CHAPTER 1

DELANEY JONES'S POV

His hair is as dark as the midnight sky without a star to shine, his eyes a pacific blue as black crawlings traced over his skin like still fire. Magnus beside me beams, gazing at the boy he has yet to introduce me too.

"Awe, Samuel. You have just missed your uncle. Alec is out with Clary, Jace, and their son, what was his name...Oh! William!" Magnus beamed, gazing back at me as the blue eyed boys eyes found mine. So this must mean this boy is as well Magnus's nephew since he is Alec's. He licked his lips, his dark hair toppling over his brow as he gently looked down.

"Yes, I know. I was actually wondering what Raphael was doing?" He spoke, the blue eyed boy. Magnus gazed at him curiously, lifting a brow.

"I'll let him know you've come." He says, and vanishes up the stairwell. I found once again the blue eyed boy was staring at me. He had those pouty pink lips I once heard a girlfriend describe to me once. Great kissing lips, she inquired. She would have gone gaga for this boy. It didn't take a fight with a Greater Demon to know this boy was half angel.

"Hello." He says finally, snapping me away from my thoughts. I blink, and offer a kind smile.

"Hello." I say back, mimicking his words. I could smell the heavenly blood coursing through his veins, hear the steady rhythm of his heart as if it were a drum in a band. His smile lingered there on his lips as he took in my presence.

"I don't believe we have met, my name is Samuel Lightwood." He explains, obviously trying to be courteous. "But everyone calls me Sam." He states, shrugging his shoulders.

"I am Delaney Jones, head of the London Vampire Clan." I tell him, steadying my eyes on him. "It's a pleasure to meet a relative of Alec's. Does that mean your parents are..." I trail off, hoping he will finish that sentence. I'm still trying to memorise all these names Magnus throws at me. More and more every day.

"Isabelle and Simon's child? Yes it does." He smiles, running a hand through his already tousled midnight hair, opening his mouth to say more when footsteps came protruding down the staircase. Both of our eyes shoot up to see Magnus followed by his and Alec's adopted child, Raphael.

"Sam, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Raphael asks, gliding across to the room in grace as he sits himself opposite of Samuel. Samuel smirks at him and rolls his eyes. I can tell in their exchange in looks they are really great friends. Magnus retakes his seat beside me and gazes at the two. "Samuel wants help throwing a birthday party for his sister Kirsten,who is turning 17, by the way, and will only entrust Raphael to do so." Magnus whispers in my ear, making my eyebrows shoot up and a smile play on my lips.

"Now that is adorable." I say quietly so only Magnus can hear. He chuckles, crossing a leg over the other bemused as he leans back against the sofa. Chairman meow jumps in his lap, rubbing his head into Magnus's abdomen and purrs while Church simply sits across from them, curled up in a ball, ignoring the whole lot of them as he sleeps. "Lazy cat..." I mutter quietly, shaking my head absently.

"So." Samuel says, breaking from his conversation with Raphael as he looks between Magnus and me. "What is the head of the London Vampire Clan doing in New York?" He asks curiously, making me grin. Curiosity kills the cat, and by the look Chairman meow was now giving me, I wouldn't really mind so much.

"We were good friends many years back, before I had even met your uncle. She saved my life a long, long time ago. She's been practically my sister ever since, and now the days finally come where she needs my assistance." Magnus exclaims with great dignity, making pride swell in my heart hearing him speak this way about me. Magnus is like my big brother, and a good one at that. I only ever had one sibling, Ryan, but he aged and died some time ago. My first heavy loss I still carry with till this day.

"Oh, if you don't mind me asking, what is it you want?" Raphael is the one this time to look at me. I smile, looking up at Magnus before turning to look at them again.

"A cure. A cure for vampirism."

***

KIRSTEN LIGHTWOOD'S POV

"Mom, I told you I do not want to co-" I stop when I see William Herondale. He is the son of the best shadowhunters who had ever lived, Clary and Jace. He has golden hair that resembles a lot like his father's but has his mother's piercing green eyes. He is very quick, witty, can memorize entire monologues and passages from books, and plays the piano better than mozart, not to mention he finished his basic training at 15. I was-well I am, quite impressed by him.

"Heyo Kirsten, don't let my charming good looks keep you too captivated to finish that sentence." He smirks, my father doesn't really like William. Hell, my dad doesn't even like William's father, Jace. And he is a legend. He once told me and I quote, "Herondales are nothing but arrogant, hot-headed, womanisers." And now hearing that comment from William, I see he wasn't wrong.

"Oh William, quite the disheveled mess as always, I see." I retort in the kindest voice I can muster up, making his lips part slightly as he uses his hand to try to fix his hair by brushing it back.

"Pah-lease, you know you love it." He winks at me. Our parents are discussing something, I try to listen in but Williams voice keeps protruding. I huff and shake my head. The only words I can make out are: "Portal, disturbance, realm, demon. How lucid."

"If I wanted a dog, I could have asked a werewolf out." I tell him, making him gape at me a bit.

"I am not a dog." He states seriously, I can't help but laugh.

"Fine, You're not a dog." I say, he raises a brow at me before refraining and gives me a triumphant smirk. "You're more like a puppy." I finish. His smirk vanishes as soon as it comes. He opens his mouth to respond when our names are suddenly called.

We turn to see Mr.Herondale- I mean Jace, make his way towards us. "Alright lovebirds, enough flirting. I need you guys to send a message out to the fae queen. Let her know we require her presence as soon as possible." He tells us. My eyes widen, not at the task, but at what he had called us.

"We are not lovebirds." William and I say simultaneously, making me gasp and look at him as his father raises his brow at us.

"Yeah, sure. Whatever you say." He says suspiciously. "Now get off to it." He orders, and I turn around walking fast on my feet towards the institute, William hot on my heels.

"Is someone mad?" William asks aloud, only like two feet behind me. I ignore him as I push open the doors and turn down the long, narrow corridor towards the study where pen and paper would be. "You can't just give me the silent treatment ya know, this task was assigned to us, not just you." He states, making me ever so slightly boil over in his continuous annoyance.

"I can-" I quickly place a hand over my mouth, making him smirk.

"I got you to talk." He teases, making me roll my eyes as we enter the study.

"Just stay focused." I half beg. This boy is the worst case of a nuisance.