Chapter 1: Puny Dragon Boy

"What is your problem with me?" Yelled an exhausted Solomon, as he tried to avoid the punches flying at his head.
"Nothing, you're just so stupid and easy to pick on!" Replied Asopus, finally slugging Solomon in the head.
"I'll have you know, I'm well trained with a sword!" Solomon called.
"Oh yeah, try me!" Asopus quickly drew his sword and pointed it towards Solomon's neck, "You ready to admit your weakness puny dragon boy?" Solomon tried to run, but Asopus quickly tripped him, sending him to the ground, confused and dazed. Did Asopus just call him, Dragon Boy?

"Stand down Asopus" a voice called. Asopus jerked his head towards the voice, then started running. Solomon tried to see who it was, but he had gotten sand in his eyes when he fell. "Are you alright Sol?" The voice asked as it grew closer. Solomon recognized it as his mentor, Tymek.
"Yeah, I'm alright. That was just part of a game we play" Solomon lied.
"Yeah right," Tymek replied, "come on, let's go get you fixed up."

"So what's Asopus' deal?" Tymek asked as he took a sip from his tea.
"He's just a bully who hangs around these parts a lot." Solomon didn't want to admit the truth, that he wanted nothing more than to defeat Asopus in a duel. He knew if he did, Tymek would give him another speech about not being violent, and he could be pulled out of knight training.
"Uh huh, and you wanna beat him up don't you?" Tymek asked, easily telling how Solomon felt from the look on his face. "Look, I think it's time I told you somethi-"
"I know, I know, no fighting, be responsible, can I go practice now?" Solomon interrupted as he stood up and turned to the door.
"Not quite, this is way more important than training right now..." Solomon heaved a sigh and sat back down, expecting a long speech about violence. "You see Sol, I know why you're violent, and I always have. You probably think I'm going to tell you to end the violence, but I'm not. No, I want to tell you your families history." Tymek explained.

"My...My family? You've got a lot to explain, the only memory I have with them is fake, just a dream." Solomon said, slightly agitated.

"That's what you think Sol, but your memory is very real. I assume you're talking about your memory with the black knight, killing them. Well that memory is true. When you were very, very young, your family was killed by none other than King Zerek Dramaura. In fact, the only reason your alive is because me and a few other bandit's were robbing a nearby house. When we heard the commotion, we came to check it out, and we saw Zerek. We also saw you, however, and we new you would be Zerek's next target, so we stole you. When you were five, we tried to teach you how to be a bandit, but you were so dead set on becoming a knight, that we put you in the knight training school." Tymek took another sip of his tea.

"Look, that's great and all, and believe me I'm glad to know even that much, but you said you were going to tell me about my family, not how you stole me," Solomon replied, very eager to learn his true families past.

Tymek replied, "Yeah, Yeah, I'm getting there, no more interruptions. I believe I heard the Asopus boy call you a 'puny dragon boy', and I should explain why. You are a descendant of the Draekon family, one of the seven ancient dragon families that were thought to be exterminated by King Zerek. That's why he killed your family. That's why I knew I had to save you. The reason he called you puny, is because the dragon families were known to be extremely powerful, and it's no secret that that description doesn't really suit you."

"Thanks. But that doesn't explain how Asopus knew about me being a descendant of the Draekons!"

"I believe that Asopus knew because, he is a follower of King Zerek. It is said that Zerek went on a quest to achieve true power, but only a few people know that in order for him to do this, he had to destroy all of the dragon families. But Zerek is a king, and in turn he must be fair. That is why he waited until you were 16 to send somebody after you. I believe Asopus is trying to kill you." Tymek said calmly, finishing his tea.

"WHAT?! So am I just supposed to wait for him to end my life?!" Solomon yelled, slamming his fist down on the table.

"Patience Solomon. I was going to say that I want you to train, train harder than you ever have, and kill Asopus." Tymek said, almost afraid at the thought.

"You want me to KILL somebody? Why would I do something like that?" Solomon replied in shock.

"Well, cut him first. If my theory is correct, shadow will ooze out, rather than blood. If what I believe is true, Asopus is not human." Tymek said, this time Solomon could tell Tymek was afraid.

"Fine. I'll do it. Not for me though, and definitely not for you. If all of this is true, I must avenge my family." Solomon finished, as he walked out the door.

And so he trained. Solomon put himself through vigorous training, but he knew that he needed every bit of it. Each day he wore heavier clothes, and lifted heavier loads. He meditated more to stay calm in battle. He started surpassing people in knight training, and his aim became impeccable. One day, Asopus came after him at the end of training, and Solomon managed to dodge every hit that came at him. He knew the battle would come soon, and although he had dodged every move, and even landed one himself, he still wasn't sure it would be enough. However, something snapped that day, and Solomon suddenly knew, He was no longer Solomon Nini, apprentice of Tymek Nini. Now, he was Sol the dragon boy, descendant of the Draekons.