How The World Could Be

Start from the beginning

Nick didn't like this idea. "Would it be okay I inform Officer Hopps about this before I agree?"

"Go ahead but if you disagree on this plan then this case will be taken away from you for having no new information or leads."

"Do I got any other choice?"

"Not really. No."

"Then I'll call you later after I discuss with my partner."

"Very well then."

Nick then hanged up.

"Chief Bogo?" Judy guessed.

"Yeah. He's got someone to help with the case or else the case gets taken from us."

"No surprise he'd do that." Judy thought about it for a second. "Let's go in tomorrow to the ZPD and see what this other cop be like," Suggested Judy.

"Your right. I'll call Cheif Bogo and tell him this."

Nick did so and Cheif Bogo didn't mind.

An hour later, Allister and Lucas had to leave for work.

Nick was in the kitchen making soup while Judy watched the news. It was just talk about the traffic in the freeway from downtown to Tundratown. It then changed to news about interspecies relationship. Judy's ears perked up curious about it.

The news showed a group of animals behind a table with a banner of a sign showing against interspecies relationships. They were giving pamphlets to animals who were passing by. The news reporter let a female elephant who was the leader of the protest to talk.

Her name was Sarah. She explained why interspecies would be bad and the way of living in a interspecies relationship be complicated. She ended in conclusion that the kind of relationship would just end in heartbreak.

The news then changed to another topic.

Judy couldn't help feel a bit saddened of what she just heard. "Wait why should I be worrying about this?" She asked herself. "I'm not the one having romantic feelings for a different species?!"

"Hey Carrots! The soup is ready though it's really hot. Would you like me to serve you a bowl anyways?" Nick shouted from the kitchen.

Judy jumped a bit from the sound of his voice. "Y-Yes please!"

"One bowl of carrot soup coming up!"

Judy felt her face getting warm while she could feel herself somewhat nervous and excited inside. "Why am feeling like this?!"

An image of Nick came to mind. She shook her head. "Oh my goodness! I like him, I think." Judy kept thinking it over and over until a memory of that dream came to her. The nightmare of herself placing a collar on Nick frightened her. "Or I'm just confused."

"Here ya go Judy! Carrot soup made by yours truly!" Nick said proudly. He placed a small table in front of her and then the soup. "Like I said before, it's still hot so you may either want to blow on it or you can just wait."

"I guess I'll just wait." She simply said.

Nick noticed her sad face and her ears droopy. "You okay, Hopps?"

"Yeah. Just a lot on my mind."

"I see." Nick sat next to her on the couch. "Watching anything good?"

"No. Change the channel if you like."

"Don't mind if I do." Nick changed the channel and stopped to watch a show called Swinefield. While trying to enjoy the show, he glanced a few times at Judy. He kept noticing her sad as she ate her food. He was hoping for a couple of comments and a reaction from the food he made.

When the episode finished, Judy had already finished her soup. Still no reaction.

Nick was a bit disappointed. He wanted to say something but rather not. Instead, he just tried to enjoy the rest of the show.

Judy soon dozed off and fell asleep. Nick collected her bowl placing it in the sink to wash for later. Looking at his phone seeing it was seven, he next placed a blanket on Judy. Smiling at how peaceful she looked as she slept.

A text came in from Allister. It said, "Apparently Everly called in sick. Can you check on her by calling her? I need to clock in now so I can't."

Nick was surprised and he knew Allister was too. Everly usually doesn't call in sick. Nick went ahead and dialed her number. Letting it ring for a good while, someone finally answered.

"Hello?"

It wasn't Everly's voice, Nick heard. It was a deep male voice.

"I would like to talk to Everly. Whose this?" Nick asked.

"This is Jack. A friend of Everly's. And you are?"

"Nick. Why is Everly not at work?"

"Because she's sick."

"Then why isn't she home?!"

On the other line, Jack was surprised to learn that someone knew Everly wasn't home. He was now suspicious on who this Nick was as Nick was suspicious who Jack was.

"She needed someone to take care her of her and I insisted she stay at my place."

"Really? You know I never heard of her mention a Jack before."

"She's never mentioned of a Nick before either."

If the two weren't talking on the phone they both would've seen the angry eyes they were giving. Nick's green glaring eyes that could strike fear in someone. Jack's angry ice cold blue eyes that can make you shiver.

"That's too bad because if she did she would've mentioned the fact I was a cop of the ZPD!" Nick revealed.

"I guess but then again why would she since I myself am a detective."

Both of them thought the other was bluffing.

"Well if you are detective then you don't have a problem meeting me and bringing Everly with you tomorrow at the ZPD station!"

"Actually I have business there tomorrow so no I don't mind. So what time?"

"How about at nine in the morning?"

"Sounds great. See you till then, Officer Nick."

"Bye, Detective Jack."

Both of them hung up.

On the fifty-third floor of a one apartment building in downtown of Zootopia. Which was a real fancy apartment with large glass windows that were practically the one side of the wall while the actual walls inside the apartment room were white with a dark blue carpet floor. Jack looked from his window looking over the area of Zootopia then looked at his large bed where Everly was sleeping in. He went up to her and removed the towel that was on her head. He dipped in cold water, squeezed out most of the water and placed it back on her forehead.

He sighed. He was obviously worried about Everly's condition. He knew the only way she'd get sick this much if something kept her stress or worried. The sad part was he didn't know what it was that was giving her so much grief.

Happy TogetherOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara