Chapter 1: Change

"Be the change you want in the world." -Gandhi

*Kelsey

After my parents died, I started to get the feeling that I was being watched. I then found out a government organization called K.R.M.A. was coming after me and I knew it wasn't to talk. I guess the conspiracy theorists were right. The government isn't all good. What government sends assassins?

Where to start, though? Let's start at the beginning. Where even is the beginning? I guess the beginning would be the funeral.

~~*~~

After my parents were murdered, I was left alone, with no younger or older siblings, and although legally an adult, I was only nineteen and not ready to be on my own. My decision? It wasn't easy, but it had to be made, I would take my parent's house until I got settled into college. Then move onto campus, sell the house and most of my parent's possessions, while keeping the most memorable and valuable ones for myself. In five months time, I'd gotten my things moved into my dorm and had a buyer for the house, I wasn't ready to let it go, but I knew it was going into good hands.

After looking through my parent's things I stifled a cry. "Kells, are you okay?" a soft voice said from behind me, my best friend since elementary, Clea. Sighing softly I assured her I was fine and Clea gave me a soft smile, she was very beautiful. She had dark chocolate brown hair that was cropped in layers at her shoulders and bright blue eyes that complimented her dark hair very well. Her face was heart shaped and flawless. Although she was very beautiful, she was also very short and a tad bit pudgy, I was a head taller than her, and I am nothing like her, average, in more ways than one.

I am an average five foot six inches height, and not necessarily beautiful by any standards, to nearly everyone in my high school I was and am an average nobody My long sandy blonde hair went just above the small of my back and my soft periwinkle blue eyes almost seemed purple. Besides my, what seem, purple eyes I am a completely average girl who's now got no family and isn't that any more special than anyone else, just like every orphan.

Clea was twenty-one, she got held back a few years in elementary school on an account of her moving to Asia and not furthering her schooling. Twice. We had become friends when we both were hospitalized after an accident at the school. Ever since then I thought of her as the sister I never had and me like the sister she wanted to replace hers with.

"You ready?" she asked from afar, respecting my space by standing in the entryway of the front door.

"Yeah," I said shakily "what's one more night in my childhood home. I'll grab this last load of boxes tomorrow so you can get moved in." Clea and her soon to be husband had bought the house and were moving everything in. Well, their parents were they day after the wedding, while they were enjoying their honeymoon, not having to worry about working, and having a home when they get back.

"I'm really glad you guys bought the house" She smiled at me and I added, "I have so many memories in this house and wouldn't want anyone else to have it." I took a look around, breathed out and changed the topic. "So are you ready for the wedding tomorrow?" We just smiled at each other. "No cold feet?"

She took in a deep breath, smiled wider and said confidently "No. I love Jeff and I want to spend the rest of my life with him." I smiled at her wanting to be that sure when my time came. We moved the second to last of the boxes into my car. Walking to my car I stopped and turned around to take one last look at my home, tonight would be my last night. For some reason, it felt like I was saying goodbye as if I was never going to see it again, but that was crazy, Clea would be living there and just because she was getting married didn't mean that she wouldn't be my friend anymore.