09

Teddy POV

"Oh god, oh god," I shook my head, stomping my feet in the dirt.

"What?" Kali asked in confusion.

"Do you realize what this means?" I hold my arms out. They return my gesture with cocked eyebrows.

"It's mean we all die in ten seconds," I groan," it means that once they hop out their navy blue hunk of junk they call a car, our youth will be shriveled."

Chris shakes his head.
"Teddy, don't look at it that way," he tries to give me some sympathy with his soft spoken tone.

"I will! I'll look at it that way because I'm a big fucking pessimist! You can all stand here, waiting for your murderers to show up, but I'll be the smart one to escape in time." I held out one hand to wave to them, then turned and started to walk in the direction of my house.

"Teddy," Gordie called after me. I spun on my heels to face the group, all huddled together, Gordie and Chris standing in front of everyone.

"What?" I snapped.

"Come on, man, just-" Chris can barely talk,"stand by me, please? It's all I'm asking for."

I purse my lips together, my mind becoming indecisive.

I would stay, but that's like commuting suicide for no reason at all.

"I'm prepared," Gordie smirked, gesturing towards the gun in his hand. His finger sticks to the trigger, but not even pressure to make it go off.

I walk a few steps forwards and receive satisfied smiles from the faces of the group, that all soon fade once we hear the sound of a slamming car door.

"Fuck this," Vern whimpers, fleeing from the ground and past me. We all watch as he scurries behind the treehouse in fear.

"Hello, girls," the intimidating sound of Ace's voice rings in my ear. I could almost see the smirk plastered on his face, even though my eyes were stuck on Vern.

***
Sorry that it's super short! Updating soon!
-Regan