Choices

Yona's P.O.V

The purple dragon was different than the others, other than being a girl she seemed to know everything about the other dragons already. I stood with Hak and Yun while Gija, Shin-ah, Jae-ha, and Zeno followed her to hunt, it wasn't long before they had returned with bags full of game.

"How long does it usually take you to fill those bags?" Jae-ha asked as they walked through the trees.

"About double what it just took us." The purple dragon said.

"Maybe we can talk now," I said gently, I don't want to seem pushy. She stiffened when I spoke.

"I suppose we can return to the cabin, I will make a meal and we can speak about... whatever this is. As a thank you for helping me hunt." She said. she hauled the bags over her shoulder and headed back to the little cabin and we followed. When we arrived she pointed us to a ring of seats around an unlit fireplace and she slipped into another room. When she came out she went straight to the kitchen and started preparing vegetables and meat for a stew.

"What is your name?" I asked.

"Alya." She said.

"Do you need any help?" I asked.

"No." I frowned, she was not happy with our presence here. I was about to ask Hak what he thought when somebody called out.

"Alya!" It was a man and his voice sounded weak. She immediately dropped everything and rushed to the room she had gone into before. The man went into a loud coughing fit that lasted a few minutes. Once it had calmed down Alya came out and took some water back in before closing the door.

"Who do you live with?" Jae-ha asked. She stiffened and glared at him before seeming to give up.

"His name is Hibiki, he was married to the purple dragon that came before me. They took me in when my own family were trying to figure out a way to get rid of me." Alya said. She lifted her hand and a ball of fire leaped to life on her palm and she threw it into the empty fireplace. She walked over and stoked it until it was hot enough.

"Tell me why you seek the dragon's power," Alya said as she hung the pot over the fire. I explained my goals and my intentions and I couldn't tell if she was listening or not but I told her the entire story.

"After we met Zeno we started looking for you. And once we arrived in your village you know what happened." I finished. Alya stirred the stew and I couldn't tell what she was thinking. She poured some into several bowls.

"You can all rest here tonight, I will give you my answer in the morning." She said and took two bowls and disappeared into the other room.

"Do you think she will join us?" Hak asked.

"She must, it's her duty as the purple dragon." Gija cried out.

"She doesn't have to do anything she doesn't want to. But I wonder...." I said.

"What is it Yona?" Yun asked.

"Will she be willing to leave Hibiki, he must have helped raise her. He's obviously ill so CAN she leave?" I asked. 

"We will find out in the morning, for now, we should all rest," Hak said. So we settled down for the night unaware of the events about to occur. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke to bright lights and shouting, I sat up to see the others all standing ready it seemed for a fight. I turned to see Alya glaring out of a window. People were standing around the cabin with torches and weapons yelling.

"I will deal with them." She snarled.

"Why are they here?" I asked.

"It seems the villagers have decided to finally be rid of me," Alya said as if she had been expecting this.

"We'll help you hold them off," I said.

"NO! This is not your battle." She said. Much to my surprise, it was Shin-ah who spoke up. He moved closer to her.

"We are all descendants of the dragons, you are our sister. Your battle is ours as well. We will not allow them to hurt you or your loved ones." Ao jumped off of his shoulder onto hers and nuzzled her face. She looked surprised then a ghost of a smile drifted across her face.

"Very well, I simply wish to dispatch them with minimal injury if possible." She said.

"Princess you should stay here with Yun," Hak said. I shook my head.

"This is also my battle Hak, I will go out there with the rest of you," I said. He grudgingly agreed though I had to stay back by the door. It was as we prepared to face the mob that I realized not once had I seen Alya take her mask off, it was a simple black mask with streaks of purple running down it but I couldn't help wonder what was under it. 

There was a loud thud as Alya dropped a long box onto the table.

"This belonged to the original purple dragon, it's been passed down and is only supposed to be used in defense of the crimson king." She said.

"I told you already, I'm not the crimson..."

"I know what you said." She opened the box and pulled out a katana, the blade was coated in rust. 

"The blade has degraded over the centuries but if wielded in the crimson king's defense it will regain its previous grandeur. If it does, I will consider following you." She said tying the sheath around her waist.

"Let's show these people not to mess with the five dragons legacies," Jae-ha said with a smirk and drew one of his knives.

"They will regret ever leaving that precious little town of theirs, I'll send them screaming back." Alya snarled fire in her eyes. Literally, the fire flickered to life across her entire body. She walked up to the door and placed a hand on it.

"Now, prove to me you are all worthy of the titles you've been handed." She pushed the door open and the villagers screamed in rage.