Alternate Ending to Endlessly (Paranormalcy)

Hello everyone, this was all rather sudden for me, as I was reading the book only a short hour ago when I finished and realized I had not had enough of Reth yet. If you have read the series Paranormalcy this was how I would have liked the ending to go... Not that the real ending of the story wasn't just as good if not better.

This starts about midway through the chapter when the (Spoiler ALERT) faeries are moving through the portal and Reth tells Evie he wants her to come with him. I hope you enjoy, and if you have read the books and love Reth as much as I do then give a comment or a vote

Thanks :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The portal was open and the Faeries were almost finished filing through. That was when I noticed Reth was still standing nearby, his frame visibly shaking.

I gestured to the gate but he just stood there frowning, then he motions me over to him. I walk over to him, having to pull my hair out of my mouth three times.

"You should go!" I shouted. "You are the only one left and you look terrible and it is almost dawn!"

"I want to go through with you. I want to be there when you become everything you were meant to be." 

I shake my head. "I'm not going through with you Reth, we've been over this."

His eyes widen. "You aren't coming through."

"You should go! Hurry!"

He laughs, his body trembling. "Evelyn, my love, you must come. This has been the plan since the beginning. We are supposed to go to eternity. Together."

"I am choosing to stay. You can't plan my future any more." I say.

He looks at me desperately, his beautiful golden face crumpling. Then he looks to the portal, and then to Lend, and then back at me. Before I can say anything else he collapses in my arms.

"What's wrong!?" I gasp.

"I can't move. I waited to long!" He cries above the roar of the gates.

Lend rushes to my side.

"What's going on?" He screams.

"Reth can't move! We need to get him to the portal before it closes otherwise he will die! Grab his arm and give me a hand!" I cry.

He wastes no time rushing to his other side and pulling him up. After draining the souls I am left weak, and he ends up supporting most, if not all, of his weight. Reth leans into me, his breath shallow and fading in my ear.

Slowly, dragging Reth we make it to the portal. Vivian is standing close by along with David, watching us carefully. Raquel moves forward, but David stops her. Viv just looks confused by the situation. Behind us the sun is beginning to rise.

"We're here Reth!" I cry above the noise, "Can you move at all?"

He shakes his head and Lend curses. Knowing no other choise he moves to throw him in. But as he shoves, Reth's eyes snap open, and he shoves him out of the way. Behind me I hear Raquel screaming as his hand closes around mine.

There is a blinding light and then Reth is pressed against me.

"You never did know what was best for you, my love." He whispers in my ear, his voice slow and victorious.

I am not sure how to react, whether I should scream or faint. But in an instant the confusion disappears, and I am filled with a numbing lightness. The light dissipates, and before me stands a land of sheer gold. If I thought Reth was gold before, then he could only be scrap metal compared to this place.