just a little longer

april couldn't help but push calum out, it was what she did when she was upset. she pushed people out and she didn't like it but she couldn't help it. calum was her best friend and everything she could ask for. she felt so guilty for ignoring him, but she needed space. april picked up her phone and opened the message app.

shower: can you come over?
delivered
shower: pls cal, it's important
read 1:37 am

calum hurried over to aprils hours instantly. he was so happy she finally answered. not wanting to wake her parents, he climbed up the rope ladder they installed the summer before freshman year. she opened her window and let him slip inside.
"wanna tell me what's going on shower?" april rolled her eyes at the nickname he gave her.

"not really, but i know i should," she sighed. "it's my parents, all they do is fight and it's exhausting. they're the most important people in my life, i want them to be happy. i don't think it's gotten physical, but it's mental abuse. calum, it hurts and i can't make it stop."

and then she started crying. god, calum started tearing up.

"hey, hey, don't cry, im here now. i can't guarantee that i'll stop the pain but i can help you."

april sighed, "can we just not talk, i don't like talking right now."

so they layed there and sat in silence.

they layed there for what seemed like hours until calum checked the time.

3:00 AM

"hey shower," he tapped her lightly, "i need to get home."

"just a little longer," she whispered.

and how was calum to deny his girl? so he pulled her into his chest and drifted off for the second time that night.

AN
im so excited for this book omg. also the dolan twins are hot asf okay, my babes.

LISTEN TO CHASING CARS WHILE READING THIS OKAY YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.