1.4

@laceyraeee I was too short to reach so @aleclightwood had to give me hand.

@justjace1: @laceyraeee @aleclightwood have you two been at the basketball court all day???

@aleclightwood: @justjace1 we also got ice cream.

@izzylighttheway: @aleclightwood @laceyraeee this is sO CUTE!!!

~~~~~~~~~~

"Aleeeeeccccc!" Lacey whines sitting on the floor cross legged and watching the male bounce the basletball across the court and get yet another hoop. "I'm too short compared to you! I'll never get a basket against you!"

"Try one more time, come on!" He smirks pulling her to her feet and placing the ball in her hand.

"But-"

"Just try!"

Lacey stands to bounce the ball using her left hand and jogs towards Alec moving side to side. Once a metre in front of Alec she jumps and throws the ball only for Alec to wrap his arms around her waist and swing her to the side.

"Noooo! How could you!" She cries out giggling at the same time.

"I wanted a hug." The raven haired boy grins and shrugs. He grabs the ball and crouches to the ground. "Get on my shoulders."

The girl sighs but does as he says, he passes the ball to her before standing up. "Oh my gosh!" Lacey squeals. "Too high!"

"Just get the ball in the hoop!"

She throws the ball into the hoop and cheers dramatically. "AND LACEY RAE PARKER GETS A BASKET WITH HELP FROM A TREE!!!"

"Oh shhh." Alec laughs helping her back down. They both sit on the ground, exhausted from playing basketball all morning. "You ok?"

"Yeah, I'm good. Wanna go get ice cream and then go back to mine?" Lacey grins.

"Okay."

"YESSSS!" Lacey stands up quickly and grabs Alec's hands to try pull him up. "Get up! Raspberry frozen goodness awaits me!"

"Nah, I like it down here."

"Alexander, don't do this to me." The girl begs still trying to pull him from the ground. "I thought you loved me!"
"I don't know." He shrugs a smirk plastered across his face.

"Meanie!" Lacey says before letting him go and walking away.

"Lacey wait!" Alec stands up quickly, grabbing the basketball and then running after her. He grabs her shoulder and stands in front of her to stop her continueing. "Forgive me please?"

"Nope, I'm gonna get ice cream and then go home and watch cartoons all afternoon... Without you!" She pretends to be mad and turns away from him.

"Lace, please." He pouts. "I didn't mean it! Of course I love you!"

"Good because you're buying the ice cream!" Lacey sticks her tongue out and walks past him.

"You little..." The tall male grabs her and throws her over his shoulder.

"ALEC NO!" She squeals and hits his back. Making both of them laugh happily as he carries her down the road towards the supermarket.

~~~~~~~~~~

"This one!" The brunette cheers as she puts a tub of pink ice cream into the trolley she was currently sat in.

"All right, get the vanilla one too for me please."

"Urgh you're so boring!" Lacey groans but grabs the tub anyway.

"You love me really."

"Obviously or I wouldn't be letting you push me around the supermarket at high velocity." The female rolls her eyes earning a deep chuckle from the raven haired male.

"Oh you two are adorable." An old woman interrupts their playful banter from across the isle. "How long have you been together?"

Lacey laughs slightly. "Oh we're not together. We're just best friends."

"Oh gosh I'm sorry! My bad!" The woman gasps.

"No don't worry about it." Alec smiles at her before pushing the metal contraption away.

"Alec..." Lacey speaks up after a moment of silence. "Are we acting to couple-y? I mean obviously we aren't a couple but like if people are-"

"Lacey listen." Alec stops the trolley and watches her carefully. "Stop worrying. We're friends. We both know that and it doesn't matter what others think because all that matters is how we feel."

"Yeah but-"

"I know you haven't been in a relationship but couples are usually people that love each other but are also like best friends. There is no set way for how a couple should act." Alec explains. "Yeah that woman guessed we were together but that's just how she saw it, not the world."

Lacey sighs her nerves now calmed. "Thanks Alec." She whispers.

"Hey." He smiles. "I got your back."

~~~~~~~~~~

From: Clarissaaa.

Hey, haven't seen you for a few days, fancy going to Sylvia's for afternoom tea tomorrow????

To: Clarissaaa.

I would love that! I'll pick you up at 2??

From: Clarissaaa.

Great! See you then.

"Who you texting?" Alec asks as he sits down beside his female friend, mouth full of ice cream.

"My boyfriend."

"Nice try. I know you don't have a boyfriend."

"It was Clary, I'm going for afternoom tea with her tomorrow." Lacey informs the boy whilst un-pausing the episode of Daria they were watching.

"But I wanted to spend tomorrow with you." Alec pouts playfully, although he really did want to see her again tomorrow.

"Alec, you have to share." The short girl scolds him jokingly. "Besides you should spend time with Jace or your sister."

"But I like you more."

"Shut your mouth!" Lacey laughs shoving him away from her.

"Okay okay!" Alec joins in the laughter. "I'll take Izzy out for food."

"Good."

The two sit in silence watching the cartoons on the tv screen, once the bowls of ice cream are finished Lacey places them on the coffee table before moving so she was leaning into Alec's side. He instantly starts playing with her fingers in her lap.

"I'm glad to have met you, Lacey Rae." He whispers in her ear. She closes her eyes and exhales,  snuggling further into his chest.

"I'm glad to have met you too, Alexander Gideon."

After a moment of silence Lacey speaks up once again. "I think we should go on a road trip. The whole group I mean." She glances at the clock. 21:41. "Shouldn't you be getting home? I'm sure your parents won't be happy if you're missing for another night."

"Jace and Izzy covered for me but you're right, I better leave." Alec sighs standing up from the sofa and laying Lacey back down under a blanket. "Are you going to be alright by yourself?"

"My dad has been going away on business trips for the last 2 years, I'm sure I'll be fine." Lacey smiles at how caring he is. "If not I'll run to Clary's or call Luke."

"Call me too, okay?"

"Okay, Alec." Lacey sighs rolling her eyes.

"Promise?"

"Promise." Lacey connects her pinky with his.

"Good. I can't lose my best friend."