Liam suppressed a scream when the water ran over his face because it always ends up like that when he thinks of Zayn. He knows what he did wrong and all he wants is to make it better. It hurts him more and more each day he pretends to just be neighbors with Zayn.

Every time he goes out of the house earlier just to see Zayn walking to school. He needs to see that he is okay. Zayn is exhausted and he sees it and a few days ago he asked if Zayn was okay and he didn’t know if it was okay but he needed to know. He knew Zayn lied.

He turned off the water and began to dry himself with his towel. His vision in the mirror is still blurry from the hot water.

There is no thing like a girlfriend or someone he is dating or seeing because it is useless. Zayn is the one right now and was since they kissed and maybe even before that.  Then the steam disappeared and he could see the outlines of his face again.

What he saw was a guy with a tired expression.

--

Again. They are at it again. The parents of Zayn. They are fighting again. Not just in a few days. This is the third time today. Liam knows that Zayn is there and he wants nothing more but to save him. He wants him here with him telling each other funny jokes and watching movies and making out but then he remembered that Liam completely missed his chance a few years ago.

--

It is Saturday evening and Liam’s dad is in Dublin for a few days because one of his friends has birthday which means he is alone right now. It is painfully silent here and he needs air. Just some fresh air so he dressed himself up and took his keys.

Outside he let out a breath he has been holding. Just a little walk around the corner and back he said to himself so he started walking but he stopped midway.

There he sat. On a bench near a park across the street a few meters away from Liam’s house. He has a bottle in his hands and looked so small and exhausted that Liam’s eyes watered a bit. Why he does he sits there with a bottle…. Of vodka?

Liam dried his eyes with his sleeves and crossed the street seeing Zayn. His small frame with this bottle in his hands which clearly doesn’t belong there. This picture seems so wrong that Liam is so angry. How can Zayn do this to him? Zayn is the one who has his heart and now it hurts because of the way he is sitting there completely wasted when he belongs in Liam’s arms.

This moment was it. In this moment Liam knew he completely failed it… Everything. His chance with Zayn and also the chance to make him smile instead of having Zayn drunk on a Saturday. That is just wrong and Liam knows it. He knows how this was completely his fault.

“Liam?” The voice was so weak and it hurts just right. Liam tried to ignore the lump in his throat and the tears which wants to escape his eyes.

What should he do? Zayn is there staring at him with those eyes which are wide open yet look so tired that Liam wants to kiss them so they can be closed. Liam took a few steps closer to Zayn and Zayn looked at him his face pale.

“Liam?” Again it hurts Liam right in his heart.

“Zayn…” Liam tried to steady his voice but it was clear that he was near tears.

“Liam.” Not a question this time and Liam closed the gap between them and wrapped his arms around the small shoulders from Zayn while Zayn is crying into his shoulder his arms around Liam’s neck.

This is what he wants. Being there for Zayn. He wants Zayn in his arms and wants to be near him.

“You are here.” He heard Zayn mumble and Liam thinks that ‘yeah he is here’ and he doesn’t want to be anywhere else when it is without Zayn. Just with Zayn everything is good. The time where they kissed was where Liam was the happiest because he finally had the feeling that he knew where he belongs.