"You know what, fuck school. I mean I can miss one day right?" Although Peter still slightly regretted his decision as Aunt May would probably blow once she found out. Though all those thoughts passed over him when Wade crushed Peter in a hug.

"Yeah! Totally you can!!" The overexcited Wade jumped up and down in happiness with Peter in his arms.. Maybe it wasn't so bad after all.

"Dude. Your skinnier than the amount of patience I have waiting for a new episode of Glamour Girls!" Peter smiled imagining the grown man on a couch, throwing his popcorn at the screen because of the commercials while he called the television station for interrupting his show. It was totally not weird. Not at all.

Before he noticed what had happened, Wade already disappeared heading to the taco truck for more food. Once he returned Peter was a mumbling mess as he repeatedly apologized for not paying for the food. Wade of course dismissed it, instead telling Peter he should be the one paying him for his time. And that didn't sit well with Peter.

As if Wade wasn't worth Peter's time.

Even though he hadn't known the man long enough, something about Wade pulled him in. Wade was a affectionate person, putting himself behind Peter yet he wouldn't let Peter too close. As if he was afraid of rejection. So Peter set out on making Wade change his mind about that.

Because Wade reminded Peter of himself.

After Uncle Ben's death, depression hit Peter hard. He turned into a paranoid teenager who never got close to anyone in fear of them meeting the same fate as his Uncle. That is until Gwen and Harry forcibly shook him out of it. He admitted he was lucky to have such friends, but Wade appeared to not be as lucky.

Peter was going to pull Wade out of it. No one deserved to seek human affection while still denying it. Peter was going to be Wade's anchor even if he ended up throwing Peter aside once he found himself again. As long as Wade is happy, Peter would do anything.

Happily he continued to gobble the tacos. He had to admit, Wade didn't lie when he said the food was heavenly. Wade of course continued to talk about absolutely everything, switching from topic to topic as he normally would. Peter only nodded and commented a little here and there, he was no big talker and Wade didn't seem to mind. Though when Wade muttered to himself in a hushed tone every now and then humored Peter.

"Shut the freaking up- yeah I kno- god damn it"

"What was that?" Peter questioned only to receive a mumbled sorry along with an uncomfortable look from Wade. It was obvious Wade was hiding something from Peter. Was that going to stop him from getting closer to Wade? No.

"Where do you want to go next?" With a munch of his fifth taco he expected the man to start listing off locations. If Wade was anything like Peter saw, anywhere they went would be entertaining. Instead he received silence. Wade sat next to him, biting his nails while countless wrappers littered his lap.

"Uh...aren't you going to leave...? I-i mean I'm sure you've got other things that are more important" Peter winced.

"Do you want me to?"

"Of course not!" Wades head snapped upwards to meet Peter's brown eyes. Then Peter snickered.

Just one step at a time.

"Come on" Wade accepted the younger man's hand as he was pulled to his feet. He felt strange, why was he not pulling away? Surely he could feet the abused skin.

Carefully Wade squeezed the hand in his grasp, making sure to look at the young man's face for any expression, yet he earned a wide smile from the other. And in turn he returned it.

Could Peter be the one?

-

"Did you see his face?!" Peter was practically dying of laughter. After some wandering around, Wade took the lead and lead them into a nightclub. Although barren outside except for a bouncer, inside the club was filled to the brim with people. There were a variety of people, of different sexual orientations, and different styles.

Without Wade Peter doubted he would ever come across such a thing. Even Wade commented on the reason why he often went to day nightclubs was because people usually couldn't see or process his looks due the alcohol.

Wade hadn't expected the male to drink, to be honest he didn't care. He could tell Peter didn't need alcohol pumping in his body to look at him the way he did. Oh god the way Peter looked at him. The way those deep brown eyes locked into his own blue ones.

In fact right now he was using those eyes to look at the blur of people on the dancefloor. While everyone else was background, Wade could see every little bit of Peter's features. The slight sway of his hips as he moved with the music, those hands that moved every now and then to move away a strand of hair from his face, and those cloudy eyes. More than just him had noticed these features too which made Wade nervous. Their lustful faces were concentrated on the lamb in front of them like starved wolves.

If it came down to it, Wade could take them down. But he couldn't, not when he could risk losing Peter. Wade wasn't stupid, contrary to popular belief it seemed. If by some way Peter witnessed Wade destroying those who looked at him the way he did, chances were Peter would run away never looking back. It would destroy Wade if he did so no- he wasn't about to destroy them.

He would just give them a friendly warning.

"I can't believe you did- wait no you would." Peter ended with a snicker. Somehow after Wade's round of friendly threats, he noticed Peter being cornered by a group of males. Obviously drunk, they didn't see it coming when Wade jumped them and started flirting. He had even gone far enough to kiss them to keep them occupied while Peter slipped away. Once they noticed, the angered group shoved Wade in order to pursue the disappearing Peter.

Somehow Wade broke the lights and in the commotion fled with Peter. Truly the merc was skilled in multiple aspects.

"I had a good time, it was awesome actually" Peter raised his head up to look at the man. In nothing more than a hoodie and jeans, the man could pass for a robber or a criminal in the dead of night that it was. The gentle light of the front porch did nothing compared to the smile Wade gave Peter. Full of happiness and satisfaction, Wade awkwardly shoved his hands into his hoodie only to pull out with a familiar brown bag.

"Is that-?"

"The tacos- yea." Wade wasn't exactly sure how to give them. Peter got the message and stole the bag from the defenseless man. Those tacos were to die for. No way he was going to wait till Wade changed his mind and end up not giving them up.

"Haha, thank you Wade." Peter licked his lips in anticipation all while Wade watched him in disbelief. As sad as it may seem, Wade was over the moon at the fact Peter called him by his name. To think a simple word could make Wade smile bolder than he already had. Had he not had the healing factor, he might've been worried his face would be forever deformed.

"Yea- uh could we..."

"Do you want hang out again?" Peter playfully beat him to it.

"I mean if I'm not a bother-"

"Wade." Again butterflies exploded in his stomach. Only this time it was at Peter's tone.

"It would be my pleasure." Oh- how more perfect could Peter get?

Wade couldn't be entirely sure. Maybe Peter just wanted to be friends. Still Wade prayed that eventually they could be more. And his annoying boxes didn't help.

While one questioned Wade

the other only asked for Peter's booty in return for their cooperation.

Not like Wade minded.