Suspicions

Adrien had been wondering about Marinette ever since class. She did look a little like Ladybug, but she didn't really act like it. She was always a stuttering mess whenever he was around. Not that he minded. But he had heard rumors of how she had acted when Darkblade threatened to enter the Bourgeois Hotel. She had acted like a born leader! A coach for a team! Kim had said.

So that led him thinking. She always had these really badly timed bathroom breaks, the same excuse he had used in the past.

She was athletic. He had seen her run to school late. She could probably even beat him.

She always said these weird, bizarre excuses whenever she didn't do homework or came in late. And he had caught her talking to her purse one time. And sneaking food into her purse.

Hmmmm.....

He pulled out his phone. He had a picture from one of his photoshoots with her in the background. He cropped it and then printed it.

He started coloring. He couldn't get the legs or mask right, but he'd do better later.

When he finished drawing Ladybug's costume on her, he paled and gasped. For the bluenette looked EXACTLY like Ladybug.

 For the bluenette looked EXACTLY like Ladybug

Was she???? No. She couldn't be.

But what if?

He would ask her something as Chat Noir tonight.

~~~~~~~

Ladybug jumped off of the building, getting ready, and less than a second passed and she was on the next roof. Almost flying, she reached Notre Dame.

The wind threw her off balance and she wobbled, but steady arms behind her steadied her.

"M'lady. Feline alright?" A voice said from behind her. She shrugged. "Okay I guess."

He took a deep breath. "Do you know Marinette Dupain-Cheng?" He asked.

Ladybugs eyes widened and she stuttered for a second before replying. "W-what makes you say that?"

He looked at her closely. "I'm in a play at my school about us two. I play myself and I think Marinette might be onto me."

She backed away, her face pale as a sheet of paper. He looked at her, very uncertain. "So you are Marinette..." He stated.

She turned around and latched her yo yo onto a nearby chimney. A flick of her wrist and she was gone, leaving the poor feline alone.

I'm not good enough for her. He thought.

I'm not good enough for him. She thought.

They both sighed and went to sleep.

Or tried to.

The next morning Marinette turned her lamp on as soon as she woke up. It sat beside her bed, warming up.

"Maman! I feel sick!" She called down.

She quickly applied white face makeup to her cheeks and rouge around her eyes and nose to look sick.

Her mom poked her head up. "Oh dear! You look sick. Here's a thermometer; check your temperature while I get the pie crusts ready real quick." She ordered. Marinette hid her smile. Her plan was working.

Her mother disappeared downstairs and she stuck the metal part of the thermometer against the warm lightbulb. Her mom started to come back up right as the thermometer beeped. 102° Fahrenheit (39/40° C) the face said. Her mom gasped. "I'll get you some soup, honey." She promised.

Tikki floated up, giving Marinette a disapproving look. Marinette ignored her. Adrien probably hated her. Probably wished she was someone else. She rolled over, trying to get some more sleep.

Hours later she was awoken by a knock on her window. She groaned sitting up. Outside the window, a pair of BRIGHT green eyes stared at her intently. Tikki flew over and unlocked the window, despite Marinettes protests and "NOOO"'s.

He crawled in. "You weren't at school today. I was wondering if you were alright." He said, carefully, cautiously, like how you would talk to a spooked horse. She looked down in shame. "I'm sorry." She said. "I'm so, so sorry that it's me. I know I don't deserve to be ladybug and I know I don't deserve to be with you. I know you are probably ashamed of me-" he interrupted her.

"Why would I ever be ashamed of the most, beautiful, smart, sweet girl I have ever met?" He asked.

Marinette blushed profusely. She closed her eyes. When she opened them, her widow was open and Chat was gone.