CHAPTER 7 True Friends

Start from the beginning

She waited for a bit, steadily watching the crevice and the Dream Eggs.

"Even if she gets the egg how will she climb back up?"
Leorio asked anxiously.

Backing up a bit for momentum Erika sprinted to the crevice and dived in.

More gasps could be heard as she grabbed the web across from Menchi.

"Hi, old pal."
Erika said.

Menchi glared for a second before smirking. Erika returned the smirk with a sly smile.

The hair in front of their faces flowed ever so slightly then they both dropped.

Lunging for a egg, she carefully grabbed one, as did Menchi, and glided down.

Many shocked breaths were heard as both girls continued down, sure to hit the bottom.

The strong updraft came instantly and blew both of them up. Erika's hair was flailing like crazy as she safely landed on the stone, Menchi beside her.

She looked to her old acquaintance with a grin and saw that Menchi was also grinning.

Gon and Killua were broadly smiling while Kurapika and Leorio sighed loudly with relief.

"Looks fun."
Killua commented.

"Now we just need to boil the egg!"
Menchi vocalized.

"T-there's no way any sane person would do that!"
#255 stated, but Gon, Leorio, Kurapika, and Killua were already jumping in.

The other participates shouted as they followed them into the ravine.

"Wait! I haven't finished explaining!"
Menchi shouted.

Nobody listened.

After a few moments screams could be heard. Erika gazed into the ravine to see many people holding onto the web relying on Gon to save them.

What cheaters. Hmph.

The web lurched from the weight it was currently carrying.

Gosh if they don't hurry they'll all fall.

The web lurched once more which made some participants panic and decide to let go of the web.

Foolish. You may not be independent but if someone's able to tell when to fall then use it to your advantage.

The web let out a snap sound as it used the last of its strength to carry the people.

"Now!"
Said a faint, childish voice belonging to non other than, Gon.

The participants dropped one by one into the crevice, each grabbing a Dream Egg, then the updraft coming once again lifting them to their safety.

"Good job Gon."
Erika commented.

"Thanks!"
He said putting on his cheeky smile.

Huh? I'm not disgusted...?

Erika's expression changed into a distant one and Gon lost his smile.

Noticing her actions she smiled nervously.

"It's nothing!"
She said a bit too rushy.

Gon looked at her with a suspicious mixed with concerned look.

She smiled nervously while rubbing the back of her neck. She could feel her neck tingle at the sudden contact and Erika immediately retracted her hand from her nape remembering what was tattooed there.

"It's just your so cute..."
She said.

"Really?"
Gon asked.

"Mhm!"

He nodded leaving the subject alone then walking over to Killua.

Kurapika put his hand in her shoulder comfortingly.

"Thanks."
She told him.

He too nodded and stood there with her. Leorio went in front of the two and with his hands he made a heart.

Kurapika's face went red as he glared at him. Erika just stood there, shocked, with pink tinted cheeks.

Sighing with happiness she smiled at them both.

Kurapika and Leorio stopped to gaze at the pretty smile plastered on her face.

I think I like having true friends.

Menchi called over the passing participants to enjoy their dream eggs.

"Mmmmmmm."

Food was also one of Erika's true friends. It was always there when she needed it. And it was always so good.

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed.

Stay weird.