Part 4

Nathan and I part ways on the second floor landing. He didn't touch me again, but that could be due to post-workout odor. I open the door leading to the third floor hall and nearly smack into a crisp white shirt. We both jump back, and I see the rock star of any girl's dreams standing in front of me. He has crystal blue eyes, longish hair with a blond streak on each side of his face at the front, well-defined shoulder and collar bones highlighted by the button up shirt he's wearing, and several piercings in each ear. I'd like to look him over completely but that would be too obvious since we're standing right in front of each other.

"Good morning," I say. Yes! Confident voice remains! I'll have this personality makeover done in no time. "I'm Sang. I'm sorry if I scared you."

He smirks a little at that, and I can tell that he's heard of me already too. "I'm Gabriel." His voice is smooth and deep. I feel it in my bones. I immediately want to convince him to read the longest book known to man to me just to hear him speak for a long time. While I'm mooning over his voice, I notice that he has no problem giving my body a thorough once-over.

"Are you going to the assembly soon?" he asks.

"I'm just going to take a shower and go eat breakfast first. Do you want to walk over there together?" I squeal in my head a little. I've been asking boys to go places with me. I mean, we have to go to the assembly anyway, but still. This is going well so far. Maybe I'll gain enough confidence to ask one of these hot, Louisiana guys on a date someday. Let's not get ahead of ourselves though. I think I want my makeover first.

"I have a weird request. I mean I know we just met, but I think we'll be very good friends soon, so I don't mind asking you...will you let me style your hair after your shower? I really can't stand seeing it in that sad ponytail," he says. "And, of course I'll walk to the assembly with you. I think we're all going over together or we're all going to meet there."

I'm shocked. So many questions pop up in my head. He's a stylist? Is that his major? What's wrong with my ponytail? He wants to be my friend? Who does he mean when he says 'all'?

"Um, sure. You can wait in my room if you want. I won't take long in the shower," I answer.

"Great," he grins as we walk to my room. "Where have you been this early in the morning anyway?"

"I went to the Rec. I met Nathan there. I'm assuming you know him?" I say as I gather my clothes for the day.

Gabriel nods his head and takes a look at my choices before choosing an outfit for me. "Yea, everyone in this dorm knows everyone else. Except you I guess. You were a surprise. Hurry up and shower. I'm going to take a look in your closet until you get back."

I like him a lot, and I find it funny that he's sort of taken over my wardrobe just because I told him he could style my hair today. As I take a shower, I have a little panic attack. What if he gives me spikes or weird bangs or something? I don't want to offend him, but I want my student ID picture to look good. I wonder how a group of people that knew each other before arriving on campus found a way to take over an entire dorm. How did they get the university to convert the French House into a dorm in the first place?

As soon as I entered my room, Gabriel snatched me up and put me in my desk chair facing away from the mirror attached to my closet door. His hands dove into my scalp, and I was his from the first massage of his fingers. I don't know what's happening up there and I don't care. It feels so good. I try to start a conversation to keep myself from purring like a cat. "What's your major, Gabriel? Have you chosen one?"

"I'm majoring in Chemistry with a minor in Music Studies."

"Oh! Are you a musician? What do you play?" 

 I can hear the smile in his voice as he says, "I can play guitar right now. I also sing. I want to learn bass while I'm here." He turns my chair around to face the mirror, and I'm so caught up in how talented he is that it takes me a minute to notice my hair. It's beautiful. If the elements don't get to it, I could possibly take the most beautiful picture I've ever had in my life for my student ID. I turn to him with a wide, excited smile on my face. "Thank you so much Gabriel. Do you do makeovers?"

"I thought you'd never ask. Let's try for this weekend. Ok? We'll create a look for you that we'll love," he grins. He starts running his hands through my hair and telling me how unique the color is. I get so flustered that I want to change the subject.

"How does everyone know each other here? Did you grow up together?"

"Yeah, we've been friends for a long time," Gabriel answers hurriedly. I get the feeling he doesn't want to talk about their past much. Hmmm. I've just blasted him with my squint of concentration. I want to hear more about where they came from.

"I'm starving! Let's go eat," he says as he quickly throws my styling tools back in my drawers.

I realize that I'm starting to feel weak with hunger, so I grab my orientation packet and go down to the lobby with Gabriel to meet the others for breakfast. I can question him again during my makeover this weekend.