Students fled classrooms like they were personally offended by them and disappeared into other rooms just as quickly. I looked up at the sign over the room we were currently standing in front of. It said 'AP Biology' on a laminated sign stuck to the open door by thumb tacks. When almost all the students had piled out of the room, Carter held out a hand to one guy.

"Matt!" he greeted, and the guy's face broke out into a huge grin. This guy... did not look like how I expected him to look. His silence while playing on our ex-team made me think he was a loner, reserved and quiet, but whoa, nope. He had silver hair, first of all; a grin that made everything seem ridiculous; and seemed to be quite popular, judging by the people who greeted him as they left. And he had tattoos, for God's sake.

"Carter!" he said, doing the one armed hug that most guys do.

"Hey, so I gotta run. AP Chem. Take Raen to the tech room without any detours. I do not need her getting lost." Carter said, a dangerous aura surrounding him. Matt seemed to get smaller in comparison, until he nodded meekly. Carter's evil vibe vanished, and Matt looked down at me.

"Raen, huh? Nice to finally meet you, then." he said. I nodded shortly, shuffling awkwardly from foot to foot, shouldering my laptop bag's strap nervously. He grinned.

"Come on, don't be shy! We know everything about each other, you're like my best friend now, gurl!" he said, putting on a heavy valley girl accent. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Hi, Matt." I said, looking up at him. My hood slid off slightly, and he smiled.

"Good, I can see you now. Whoa, your hair's really short. I pegged you as someone one wouldn't have time to cut it." he said, and I shrugged.

"It gets in the way of stuff. Last time I didn't cut it I ended up spitting it out of my mouth while trying to communicate with the rest of my ex-team." I said, and he cracked up as we went down the hallway, people giving us odd looks again. I pulled my hood down a little more, not oblivious in the least to the disgusted and judging stares I received from the onlookers, from girls and boys, respectively. Matt threw an arm casually around my shoulder.

"Don't pay them any mind. They want you to feel inferior." he said quietly. I looked up at him with slightly wide eyes and nodded, muttering a quiet 'thanks'. he merely hummed in response, taking me down several hallways and through a bunch of doors, going so far as to even walk into an ongoing class, wave to the teacher, and leave through the door on the other side of the room. I hid from everything and everyone.

Someone stuck their foot out to trip me. I stumbled, losing my footing, but caught myself on someone else's desk. If I fell, I would have hurt my laptop. With the thought in mind, I death glared the girl into popping her bubble gum and looking to the floor submissively. It made me think of the times I was underestimated and shoved my victories into my ex-teams' faces. So I said what I usually said when they acknowledged me, finally.

"Good boy."

There was silence as Matt walked me through the rest of the room, everyone keeping their feet to themselves. When we got out, Matt was squealing like a kid.

"Oh my God, that was so cool!" he said, and I raised an eyebrow.

"What was so cool?" I asked, confused. He gasped dramatically.

"You! You were awesome!" he said, and I 'oh'ed faintly.

"She tried to trip me," I began, and he nodded, expression changing to a dangerous one as he looked back at the door.

"I know. I'll make sure it won't happen again." he said, and I shook my head.

"It's okay. I just got mad that she could have made me fall and damage my laptop. Then I couldn't play League anymore." I said, and he stared at me for a few seconds before moving slowly over to a wall and banging his head against it. He came back over to me, forehead red and possibly bleeding.