One Eternity Later ...

I hate it when you read a brilliant description for a fanfic and then you look at how many parts it has and your like seriously this was last updated when dinosaurs were still roaming the planet. Like seriously I know your probably busy and all but can you at least try and give me an update more than once every 10 years!

It puts me off the story. I'm like this looks good, how many chapters does this have? 5
Then I'm like maybe this will be alright, even thought it hasn't been updated since the Romans invaded Britain  (that's 43AD  for those who didn't know basic British history, with I guess the exception of people who know nothing about Britain or it's fascinating history)
- Sorry a bit off topic but that's just how I roll!
Then I start to read it and realise that:
Chapter 1 = The Description (Again, may I add. Aren't I a hypocrite)
Chapter 2 = A/N (Telling us why they haven't updated in a decade, thanks! Much appreciated!)
Chapter 3 = A/N (Apologising once again for not updating. OMG! I have just thought of an amazing idea- update it with a blooming chapter that I can read, cry or poop myself at!)
Chapter 4 = A Chapter (Hallelujah! It may have taken ten years but congrats on actually adding a part that I can enjoy to your story)
Chapter 5 = A/N (Saying that they 'aren't feeling the story' or are 'stuck on what to update with' and that they are going to discontinue the story. You mean I just wasted precious minutes of my life reading a one chapter story! You could have at least unpublished the story so I didn't get my hopes up! Sorry, you are going to have excuse me while I smash up my toaster!)