'Happy End'

Napsta sighed.

It was over. The barrier had been broken, the 'final battle' had been won and lost, and everyone would now go to the Surface. It was a 'happy ending'.

So, why weren't they laughing and rejoicing with everyone else?

"Not long left now," They mumbled to themself, staring quietly at the patch of flowers before them. The patch of flowers they knew they would soon join once again. They hugged themself tightly, clinging to this current form for as long as they could. Their lip quivered, and they allowed themself to cry.

Only a few more minutes left until they stopped being 'Napsta' and became 'Flowey'.

"Metta..I'm sorry." They spoke into the empty air, falling to their knees as tears fell. "I'm sorry I made our plan fail. I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.."

Napsta squeezed their eyes shut. This was it. This was the end. Maybe they deserved this. Maybe, after everything they had done, this was justice. But still..

"I-I don't want this to end! I'm sorry! I'm scared! I don't want to forget how to feel love!"

They bowed their head, breaking into sobs. This lonely, unfeeling existence they now faced scared them more than anything. They couldn't do this again. They couldn't. They couldn't, they couldn't, they couldn't-

"It's okay." A voice whispered, dragging Napsta out of their thoughts. Something wrapped around them in a hug, and though it only lasted a second, Napsta was left in no doubt of who it was.

Even as everything slowly crumbled to a halt, and they found themself once again staring at the world through a flower's eyes.

"Metta.."