Chapter Thirty-Eight: Someone Has to Look Out For Your Dumb Ass

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, sorry, I was getting-" he started to say, his eyes glued on the phone, "Hot damn who are you and what did you do with the Tess that was in her sweats all week and hadn't showered in two days?" he asked, looking me up and down.

"You don't look too bad yourself," I smirked.

"You know, nobody's expecting us to be going out tonight," he smirked, taking my hand and pulling me in, "We could stay here, all alone," he said, kissing me on the cheek, then the lips.

"Whit's waiting in the lobby," I replied, kissing him in return, "She's going to come up here and disrupt us." 

"Or maybe she'll get the hint and leave," he grinned, closing the door and pushing me back against the closed door and kissing me on the lips again.

"She just might," I breathed between kisses.

"I say we take a chance," he replied, his hands slipping u under my crop top.

"Sounds good," I replied, my hands tangled in his hair.

We went on for a good five to ten minutes and by that time his shirt had come off and mine was pretty damn close to being off when the door burst open and Whitney barged in.

"Are you ready or what-" Whitney began to say as she barged in, "Really guys, you could've locked the damn door."

"Sorry," I said.

"What she said," he said.

"Let's go, guys!" Whitney whined, "Put your damn shirt back on, you're not that hot."

"I beg to differ," I remarked.

"Believe me, I know," she remarked, rolling her eyes, "You guys dating is still so weird, and walking in on the two of you nearly hooking up twice now is even weirder."

"You've had sex in our room five different times," I laughed, "That's worse."

"Whatever," she remarked, rolling her eyes, "Let's get going guys!" 

###

"Damn it, Whit," I groaned a few hours later when I saw Whitney making out with a guy who was not her current boyfriend.

"Shit, that's not going to go over well," Taylor laughed.

"I'm going to go deal with that," I sighed, walking over to Whit in the middle of the dance floor, "Alright, fun's over."

"But Tess," she groaned as I grabbed her by the arm and dragged her to the bathroom.

"Wake the hell up," I hissed, splashing water on her face from the sink.

"Chillax Tess," she said.

"You need to pull your head out of your ass!" I exclaimed, "What you have right now with Sam is pretty damn good, you can't ruin it all in one night by making out with a random guy, do you hear me?" 

"But it's boring," she sighed, "We haven't even been alone at all."

"Well, how have things worked out for you before when you were always alone and screwing whoever whenever?" I asked.

"Shut up!" she exclaimed.

"Whitney, I'm your best friend, I'm not going to let you keep going after assholes who just want in your pants," I replied, "Listen to me, you need to leave now or go find Sam."

"Fine," she sighed.

"Now, we're going to go find Sam and you can bring him back to our place if you want but please trust me, take it slow, please," I said.

"Okay," she sighed.

"Let's go, I think our dates are waiting," I smiled.

###

"I already feel hungover," I groaned a few hours later as Taylor and I stood at the bar.

"Ready to head back?" Taylor asked, "It's 3:00."

"Yeah," I sighed, "We're going to your place because I told Whit I'd let her have the place to herself."

"Yeah let's not walk in on her," he said, "Let's head back to my place."

"Sounds good to me," I smiled, lacing my fingers with his as we walked out of the bar.

"Are you sure you don't want to just call a cab?" he asked as we walked across the parking lot.

"It's not that far, let's just walk," I replied.

"You're killing me," he laughed.

"You could use a workout," I grinned, "You had like 15 wings for dinner." 

"I've been eating well all week, I'm cheating," he laughed.

"You had Chinese takeout on Monday and pizza on Tuesday," I replied, giving him a look.

"What are you my mother?" he laughed.

"Someone has to look out for your dumb ass," I smirked.

###

***