Source Of My Admiration

"(Y/n). (Y/n)?" Your mother called for you as she gently shook you to wake up.

You slowly opened your eyes to see your mother's face. " We're here." She simply said.

You nodded, got up and exited the car to see a large mansion. You were amazed, for you have never seen such a house like this one.

You walked closer to it along with your mother and a butler that was guiding you to your new masters

You walked closer to it along with your mother and a butler that was guiding you to your new masters. You entered the palace to see a row of maids on your left and another row of butlers to your right. You then noticed a tall beautiful lady walking towards you and your mother. " Welcome!" She smiled. " You two are now my property. You'll clean my house and accept my requests, in trade for a room and board. Sounds fair?" She clarified.

Your mother nodded. " From now on, you'll be cooking for me. My last cook had to be called over in one of my family's estates in America." She gestured to your mother. " And because your too young to clean or do anything of that manner, you'll be my children's play mate. How does that sound?" Your so called 'master' explained to you.

" That sound okay." You said to her quietly.
She smiled in reply. She seemed like a nice, fair lady. " Let me introduce you to my children." She announced.

A maid then walked in with one child on each side of her. They both looked identical. One of them (me) had a white bow decorating her hair, and a yellow dress. " Hi my name's Rin. It's very nice ta meet you!" I introduced myself.

The other one ( my brother) stood there and said nothing. " Len. Introduce yourself to them." The woman demanded.

He did not dare to make eye contact with those blue orbs. " My name's Len." He said.

Silence stood in the room for a few minutes until the woman finally broke the ice of awkward silence. " It is very late and both of you must be pretty exhausted from the long trip. I will have someone take you two to your rooms." She motion to you and then to the maid that would be taking you to your room.
You exited the mansion and walked towards a smaller (yet bigger than what you are used to) building. " This is where all da maids, and butlers stay. We get two meals every day- breakfast is served ta us at six am, and dinner at eight pm. Our curfew is ten pm. Understood?" The maid explained.

Your mother nodded then both of you entered your room. The room contained a bed, a bathroom, a wardrobe, and a hall leading to your room-which contained the same objects. Your mother kissed you goodnight and closed your room's door. You laid on your new bed. It was comfortable-not like the one back home that was curved on the spot that you would rest because of how old and worn out it was. You relaxed yourself, for tomorrow was your first day working here.

-

" (y/n) come on you need to wake up. " Your mother shook you gently as you opened your eyes slowly. You need to get ready. Here put this on." Your mother had given you a dress that was the antithesis of ornate. It was a dress that my mother had supplied for you.

You put in on- curious of how the day will treat you today.

-

You had eaten your breakfast that had only consisted of bread and tea. It tasted extremely bland to you, for you missed the flavorful plantains that your mother would prepare everyday. Your master guided you towards my brother and I. You were filled with apprehension. I then noticed you from behind my mother. "Hello!" I approached you cheerfully.

You smiled back. " Do you wanna play a game with me?" I asked nicely.

" Yeah sure!" Your face lit up as you followed me to my library.

" Where's your brother?" You asked, noticing his absence.

" He's in here." I opened the door to my library.

You saw Len sitting down, reading a book. Your question had been answered. He then looked towards you and grinned. He stood up, put his book down, and walked towards you. You were a bit
frightened by his appearance. " It's about time! You've finally come. You and I will play a game I like ta call tiger." He grabbed your hand and led you out of the library to the living room.

" Hey I was gonna play with her first!" I yelled as he walked away from me.

" Relax I'll give her back dun worry."

You were frightened, for you had no clue of where he was taking you. He then threw your arm past him, causing you to fly with it and squirm resembling a flimsy doll. You looked around to see a room that was complete with a desk, book shelf, colorful carpet, and toys scattered everywhere. Everything was ornate whilst you were the little rag doll with broken stitches and numerous stains. Your eyes traveled the room and finally arrived to Len. He was looking through a box until he finally found what he was looking for- ears of a tiger. " Leave before I eat you!" He grinned.

You didn't understand what he meant so you just sat there and waited for an explanation. Suddenly, he ran towards you and grabbed your wrist. You flinched at this. " Aren't you gonna run?" He asked.

You then nodded yes, and ran slowly in confusion. As soon as you left the room, you heard Len chase behind you. You began to pick up speed. You ran so fast, you felt like a race car- zooming through all the furniture. You reach a random hallway. You sat down in a corner with the tentative conclusion that you had lost Len. You thought wrong, for he was right in front of you. He had a wide grin plastered onto his face. " Now I'm gonna eat my pray." Pride was surely heard in his voice.

Your emotions were clouded with fear. He grabbed your arm. He then bit right into it. He bit so painfully hard- blood began to seep out as you screamed in trouble. You snatched your arm back like a mother, taking a child's toy. I had heard your yelp of agonizing pain and ran to that exact spot where I had heard it from. I noticed Len when he was going to take his next bite from your leg. I ran towards him and slammed my fist into his face. It was a punch of pure anger, for you looked so fragile and vulnerable. How could someone ever mistreat another who has done no wrong to them. I helped you up and took you to the bathroom to care the wound. You favored me, for I am older and I treat you better than my nuisance of a brother. Len and I were a year older than you (Me being a few minutes older than him). I taught you basic manners, how to read, and the necessary knowledge you need to have to get through life, while my dear brother always played pranks on you, teased you and basically anything that could hurt you. For instance, a year after you came, Len took you to his room and threw his bookshelf on the floor. The loud ear piercing music made from this caught my mother's attention. She went into Len's room not knowing what to expect- to see a frightened looking Len, blaming all of his doings on you. No matter how much you tried to persuade my mother into believing that her dear Len could do such a thing, she still demanded you to organize those books back into the book shelf. And to ignite the fire that was eager to explode, Len laughed at you as you were forced to clean his mess of pure pleasure and selfishness.

 And to ignite the fire that was eager to explode, Len laughed at you as you were forced to clean his mess of pure pleasure and selfishness