Hidden

As I walked out of the police station, I scanned the area. There didn't SEEM to be anyone about. Not even any ordinary members of the public! A few things seemed to be coming from the bushes, like flashing white lights. They blinded me and I stumbled forward. "What time is it...?" I mumbled to myself, turning back and looking at the police station's clock through their immaculate glass doors. It read 3:00pm. I rolled my eyes. What was I going to do for an hour? The flashing lights were getting more frequent and I found myself having to leave that area. I casually strolled down to the high street. There were more people here. Although, the flashing lights were coming from all around me now. "Nngh.." I groaned as one caught me head on and my vision was sent spinning. That's when I saw them. The woman from earlier who was driving the car and the 'phoney Edgeworth.' I got a good look at her face and pulled out the locket instantly. It was her alright.

'Should I tell them to stop? Should I follow them?'

I stood, transfixed by the sight. If it was truly her, then there was a 99.9% chance that the man was Griffin. I HAD to talk to them! I even had proof of who they were! I widened my eyes as I made the connection. All my research of those case files - those names and cases were all her. Unfortunately, Edgeworth hadn't given the cases BACK, so I was stuck with only what Silence had said. I sprinted over to them, ignoring the flashing lights. I tapped the man on the shoulder and they both jerked sharply to face me. "Wrong?! What the heck?! HAVE YOU BEEN FOLLOWING US?!"
"No! You've got it all wrong! I just saw you now and I need to talk to you-"
"We don't WANT to talk to you! Stop harassing my boyfriend!" Violetta snapped. "Listen, please let me speak!" I added a hint of urgency to my voice and they paused; "Griffin, isn't it?"
"How did you-"
"Why did you do what you did?!"
"What?!" He looked furious.
"You pretended to be Edgeworth... You even KISSED me!" I gritted my teeth, nausea rising again. "I was doing a favour! For Lorenzo! He told me to record you guys whilst you were doing lovey-dovey stuff and send it to- Wait. I've said too much..." He widened his eyes. "It was YOU that made our relationship known?!" I shouted. "But WHY?!"
"DIDN'T I ALREADY TELL YOU?! Lorenzo said he promised you both your relationship would be known if Edgeworth got you a not guilty verdict.." He bitterly spat. I widened my eyes, suddenly realising where the flashes were coming from. Whilst we'd been arguing, a group of hungry reporters had been circling us, recording our whole conversation.

'Agh! Now THEY know what's going on!'

"Y-you acted as Edgeworth and recorded us... Kissing and stuff...?!" I felt extremely sickened by this. "Ugh. Leave it! Let's just GO, sweetie! Turns out the li'l cutie has an annoying attitude..." Violetta frowned.
"Hey! I need to talk to you too, Violetta!" She stared at me spitefully.
"How do you know my name?! STALKER!" She screeched.
"MAYBE I always knew it! MAYBE Lorenzo's told me everything...!"
"That backstabbing little..." Griffin hissed. "Look. I know most of the story behind this locket. You HAVE to talk to me!" I pleaded. Violetta glared at me and sighed, giving a small, uncertain nod; "Griffin, he's right. We have no choice." She mumbled.
"I suppose..." He snarled.
"I'm glad you've come to your senses. I'll talk to you one at a time - in private. Follow me, Violetta. Griffin, we'll call you when it's your turn," I monotonously stated. "What is this?! Some sort of courtroom?!"
"Well, I AM a lawyer..." I shrugged.
"Grrr.." He grumbled. Violetta remained silent. "Right, so with that settled... Come, Violetta..." I sighed and swiftly strode in the direction of my office. Violetta relentlessly followed.

'So... The time is 3:15... It'll take me 20 minutes to reach Edgeworth's office from mine. Wait... That means...! I've got to be back by 4...! I have to finish up with them by 3:40. That's IMPOSSIBLE. I only have 10 minutes with each of them! The 5 minutes goes toward how long it'll take Griffin to get to my office once we tell him to come.'

I grimaced as we reached the front door of my office, the new information I'd thought of a heavy burden on my shoulders. I unlocked the door; "Make yourself at home.." I pointed to the leather sofa in front of my desk. Violetta tartly responded; "Thanks," as I dashed to the kitchen and made a quick coffee. I passed the boiling hot mug to her and she took it willingly, placing it to her lips and sipping it tentatively. I threw myself onto the leather sofa mirroring the one she was on. "So," I awkwardly shifted, not making eye contact. "You wanted to talk to me, so talk away." She icily glared at me. "Right, um, uh... Don't take offence to any of my questions, I'm just... Genuinely interested." 
"Ok." She sighed.
"Th-this locket... The girl is you, isn't it?" I showed her the locket and she cocked her head. "Yeah. What about it?"
"That's Lorenzo..."
".... What does he have to do with anything?"
"Weren't you two together..?"
"No! Never!" She raised her eyebrow; "Why would you even SUGGEST that we were together?!" She spat.
"You're familiar with Silence, aren't you?"
"Silence... Of course I am! Silence is a word in the DICTIONARY, meaning-"
"No! I mean the PERSON." I rolled my eyes. "Silence... Lorenzo's best friend." Her lip curled. Best friend?! That was new information. I thought the OTHER member of the gang was his best friend. "Yeah. THAT Silence. Didn't he talk to you about something? Something in which Griffin interrupted." Her eyes narrowed and she clucked her tongue. "Hmph. I don't know what you're talking about!"
"Then why did Silence tell me differently?! HE said Lorenzo asked him to talk to you about his feelings for you!" I sighed and she shrugged.
"Maybe it did happen and maybe it didn't."
"I'll take that as a yes." We sat in silence for a moment before I continued; "What date did this happen on...?"
"What are you hoping to find out from this?!" She cried.

'That's a good question... What AM I hoping to get from this?! It's pointless... I should just be focusing on the phoney Edgeworth thing and the attempt on my life...'

I decided it was because of my curiosity. It was because I was almost doing a tribute to Lorenzo, putting the pieces together that he simply hadn't had TIME to. "I have my reasons. Answer the question."
"Ugh. FINE. It was on the 1st of May..." She rolled her eyes.

'What...? No. It can't be...! Not the 1st of May...'

Little did Violetta know, the 1st of May was such an important date to me.