Chapter 1 - Meeting Each Other

Katniss' POV

So there I was, inside my room playing with my dolls that my dad bought me for my 5th birthday before he died, I cherished every moment I was with my doll and I named her Lisa (well most girls would name their dolls emily).

"Katniss, honey do you want to go for a walk down at the park?" My mom called out to me. Then I replied yes and immediately put on my bright yellow coat and went down to meet my mom at the door while putting my little sister Prim on the carriage.

We finally arrived at the park. I asked my mom if I could play with the other kids on the playground, then she agreed.

When I arrived at the playground, I wanted to ride at the swing because all of the swings were occupied.

"Hi uhm, can I take a turn on that swing?" I asked the boy that was sitting on the swing. He then just nodded and gestured to me to sit on the swing.

"I can push you if you want." said the blonde boy. "Ok" I agreed

After a series of taking turns sitting and pushing each other on the swing he introduced himself.

"My name is Peeta, Peeta Mellark" he said.

"I'm Katniss" I replied.

Then my Mom and his dad went towards us and told us that it was time to head home.

At home I told my mom everything about Peeta, that he and his dad owns a bakery at the town center.

"Im so glad you've found a friend" my mom says.

"Me too mom, me too" I reply.

---------------------------------------
Peeta's POV

"Dad, I have a new friend!" I exclaim in excitement.

"Really? What's the lucky maiden's name?" My dad asked jokingly

"Katniss Everdeen, its such a beautiful name" I said.

"Oh I think someones in love, Cool down romeo, you're only on the 2nd grade" my dad joked.

"Dad" i said laughing, "I wish I could play with her again dad."

"So you shall son, So you shall" my dad said.

After dinner I helped dad make his famous Cheese Buns and some croissant for the bakery.

That night I had trouble sleeping cause I was wondering when will I play with her again. I wish she was thinking the same too.

---------------------------------------

Katniss' POV

"Katniss, Im going to the bakery, want something? Asked my mom

"I want strawberry milkshake mom, oh and a red velvet cupcake" i said.

"Whose bakery are you going to?" I asked.

"Uhm, Mr. Mellark's bakery, why?" She aksed.

"Ooohhh MOM! Can you set up a playdate with him? Please?" I said with puppy eyes.

"Oh ok" she said while rolling her eyes while laughing.

---------------------------------------

Hey guys!
Hope you liked this chapter even though its short but I'll make it up to you I'll make the future chapters longer (If i can haha) but yeah. That's a promise.

-roguemockingjay

VOTE
COMMENT

God Bless you 😃

LOVE YA'LL 😚

(A/N: btw guys I changed her age to 5 sorry.)