Chapter thirty: Tragedy becomes us

Addison's POV:

It started out as a good day.

I woke up early, which was weird, but nonetheless I decided to enjoy it. I made Meredith some breakfast, got changed and ready for work. Meredith had the morning off, she was working the graveyard shift tonight (her first one as a resident!!!) which meant I wouldn't see her until she got off at five in the freaking morning. We both had the next day off, so I was planning on making up for this with some cuddles, wine and a nice movie.

"You're in a lovely mode this morning" Meredith smiled groggily, sitting up as I place the tray of breakfast on her lap.

"I dunno, I woke up and I saw you and I felt so in love it's making me happy" I smile and lean over and kiss her.

"Mm" Meredith sighed, leaning over to place the tray on her bedside table "I think I can wait to eat for a bit, I just want to love you since I won't see you all day" she kissed me again and again, putting her hands on my hips and pulling me down with her.

"Baby!" I laugh "you'll crumple my blouse!"

"Do I look like I care?" She kisses down my neck.

Chuckling, I kiss her once more and stand up. "I have to get to work, I was thinking of taking the Ferry Boat today to work"

She nods, and reaches for her breakfast "Sounds amazing, bunny. Call me when you've got a break, since I won't see you all day" she whines.

I smile "I will, I love you!" I say, grabbing my purse to leave the room.

"I love you too, more than ever"

~

I was standing at the front of the Ferry Boat, letting the salty sting of the cold water hit my skin as the air blew my hair around me in rings.

If I had to pick a second happiest place in my world, it would be here.

Because the first, was definitely with Mere.

In fact, I was thinking of her as the Ferry boat halted to a stop. I was thinking of her smile and her eyes as the boat jerked forwards, then backwards. I was thinking of how gorgeous she was and how much I freaking loved her as I was thrown backwards, into the rubble that was the boat.

It's really funny how in situations involving death, I only think of her and all the things I want to tell her, all the times I want to hold her and all the kisses I want to give her. No matter what, it was always her. Instead of myself or my own life, I think of her.

Because she is my life.

And I swear to god, I saw her face in a cloud of light as I hit my head and blacked out.

~

Meredith's POV:

I was asleep when I got the call.

It was about two hours after Addie had left for work, and I was sleeping as much as possible before I had to work the dreaded grave yard shift. But not only was I tortured with working the graveyard shift, oh no God had to be a total asshat, because Lexie was working the same shift I was under Christina's watchful eye.

So, I was deprived of time with my gorgeous wife, I had to work until an ungodly hour, and I had to try and avoid Lexie, who was hell bent on forcing her sisterhood upon me.

I rolled over and groaned, not wanting to answer the phone. I wanted to sleep and just enjoy the time I had left before I had to work. But, everyone else happened to be sleeping and ignoring the blatant ringing as well, so I begrudgingly rolled over and clicked the talk button.