Waiting for it to end (Chapter 5)

Start from the beginning

I sigh, I thread my fingers together staring down at the cemented ground, "I....I'm seventeen." I begin, I look at Hazel an old lady who is in her sixties she was raped by a younger man and thought if she told it would be pathetic. People would call her a liar.

She is what I wish my grandmother was, she always worries about people in the group, she's always following me to my car ordering I carry pepper spray and be careful.

I begin to scratch my chest over my thick black shirt the familiar feeling of disgust coming up, I feel tears well up in my eyes "I've never spoken about it." I murmur, pushing the heel of my hands into my eyes.

"I was...eight..." I begin, I chew the inside of my lips feeling restless in my skin "My mom...she was never...she...I should...." I exhale finding the words so hard to pronounce "I can't speak..I..." I sigh, licking my lips slowly, the amount of times I went through this in my head its shocking that I can't get the words out, "He was old, things like this people expect you to get over when your older".

Nobody throws me looks of pity, I'm thankful. The looks of pity are something of a myth in this group, it's something we all hate therefore we listen, showing no emotion...just understanding.

"Not necessarily forget....I...I suppose that's something that never happens.....but to push it out of my mind. I was hoping that by the time I got to this age I would forget about it. It gets worse." I mumble, I gulp and stare down at my shoes unable to say anything else, it seems lodged in my throat.

"It's not something we forget," The councilor, also known as Nicki begins, "We learn to deal with it, but we never forget it. It's a process." she crosses her left leg over her right leg, her Mary Jane's touching her calf.

"What I recommend to all my girls is we begin with working on oneself. It sounds easy, people usually assume 'Oh we can do this'" Hazel nods in agreement "But if you are willing anybody can overcome this."

I gulp.

Maybe I can't.

Maddox P.O.V

As I read through all the permission slips before the beginning of last period I read through the excel file and notice two students are still to return their permission slip and considering that the deadline for the trip is in two days all permission slips should be handed in.

Obviously it's going to be River giving me trouble, that girl seems stuck in my brain.

I growl gently clicking on her name, it takes me to her school profile so I check her timetable.

She is currently in Sociology, I lick my lips and lock up my office walking towards her designated classroom, I knock the door once and wait.

The door opens and a blond beauty with huge blue eyes stares at me, "Miss Micheals, can I have a word with River?" I ask, her thick brown eyelashes flutter as she stares back at me.

She nods, her thin finger pressing against her lips in the universal sign of shut the fuck up "Sshh. It's presentation time, would you mind waiting in the classroom and then take her when she is done?" she whispers, her teeth are lined perfectly.

Shit, she's beautiful.

Perfect.

I nod, and follow her into the classroom.

River stands beside the smart board, a power-point with no images until she gently taps the board.

I stand beside Miss Michaels and she grins at me gently. River stands beside the board wearing black skinny jeans, a checkered red and black shirt and her signature beanie.