Introduction

Dmitri and Amnisty are two star-crossed lovers that fate has pulled together in a cruel way. Dmitri is the Crowned Prince of Absalom, the heir to his father’s throne. He dresses in the kingdom’s finest fabrics; fitted black pants, a high collared white dress jacket, with two rows of silver buttons, all containing a fine design, a royal blue sash crosses his chest from his left shoulder to his right hip, there are silver epaulets adorning each shoulder, on his feet, polished black knee high boots. He has curly brown hair, that is well kept, and stands at an average height. Amnisty is the daughter of the leader of the rebel movement, they are atempting to overthrow the royal family, and she is to eventually take her father’s place as leader. She wears a red tunic made of simple fabric that stops a little above the knee, brown fitted pants, knee-high brown boots with gold buckles. She wears a gold, crown like band around her head that sits atop her long, golden blond hair, which she keeps braided back. The two met at the royal masquerade ball that Amnisty snuck into so that she could gather information on the king’s plans. Dmitri and Amnisty end up dancing, not knowing each other's identities. Both think that the other is a child of one of the Lords of the Royal Court. When Amnisty discovers who she has been dancing with, she runs off. She then returns to her home, located just outside the palace walls. Dmitri, wanting to know who he danced with, follows her without her knowing. He sees her entering her house, and goes around to the back of it, into Amnisty garden, and hides in the bushes there. Amnisty then goes into her bedroom, which is on second floor. She plans to sneak out of her window and onto the roof, where the full moon glows behind her and lights her drawing journal.