Six ~Baz~

I almost didn't go back. I pondered staying in the catacombs for the night, dropping a drained rat carcass to the floor. I could have stayed for the rest of the night, I just would have been uncomfortable on the stone floor.
I still don't recall why I did go back. I was only setting myself up for all hell. Part of me wonders if I wanted that hell. Perhaps Simon was worth it.

-------------------------------------

By whatever miracle, I was in no trouble. Simon had no actual proof I did it, and Stainton wasn't able to testify what she saw as a witness, so I was assumed innocent and was allowed to leave the Mage's office. (Bloody fraud. It's my mother's office, not his.)
Simon,of course, glared at me the entire time. I didn't expect anything more or less from him. Glaring was just his bittersweet gift to me.
On our way to the room, it was as if Simon was a small dog who's only purpose in life was nip at my heels and was to be ignored. Ignoring Simon was hard, but not too hard that I was unable to. As soon as we stepped over the threshold, it became impossible to ignore him.
"You were going to do that to me, weren't you?" he snarled.
I allowed myself to indulge in the rage behind his eyes. "Do what, Simon?"
I recognized my mistake as soon as it left my lips. I had gotten into the habit of calling him Simon in my mind, and now I just let him hear me say it aloud.
He was just as suprised as I was. "You called me Simon."
Denial would my only shield for the moment. "Don't be ridiculous, Snow. I did nothing of the sort."
A venomous grin took the place of his anger. "You did. You just looked me in the eye and called me Simon."
Though I had stopped, he continued walking forward. I found myself moving backwards.
"Come on, Baz! S'pointless right now to lie!"
His aggrevation was returning, and his pace quickened. My back pressed against the wall and I could almost feel his breath ghost across my face.
"Tell me what you did to Phillipa."
I hated this, but oh I loved it. It was tantalizing and teasing my self control. A rush of adrenaline shook in my chest and I nearly leaned into Snow to kiss him. Crowley, I wanted to kill him or kiss him. Both would end in absolute disaster, so why shouldn't I do both?
He became impatient. The skin beneath his freckles started tinting itself pink. "Baz!! Tell me, dammit!!!"
I smirked, hoping to throw a wrench into the gears of what little thought process Snow had.
"The real question is, Snow, what did you do to Stainton? You had the chance to save her, and you just watched."
It was his turn to move backwards. His anger morphed into distraught. I felt like I could breathe again, and my back left the wall.
"Before you try to play hero, remember you aren't fit to play the part."